SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Shadow Keeper (Shadow Riders, #3)
This topic is about Shadow Keeper
Archive: Past Book-of-the-Month > [Jun 2018 - tie] "Shadow Keeper" Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29493 comments This is the discussion thread for our June BOM: Shadow Keeper by Christine Feehan.
Details you may wish to include in your discussion:
* What did you think of the continuing storyline?
* How did the plot compare to others in the series?
* Did you have a favorite quote or scene?
* Would you recommend the book to others?
* Do you plan on reading the rest of the series?

Loriidae | 522 comments Unfortunately for me, Christine Feehan is ruining this brilliant concept, namely shadow riding and spoiling it with too much sex and not enough plot, each book is leaning more and more to bdsm than the PNR. I adored the first one, but the next two books have not lived up to the first. Read: Jun 15 Rating: ★★★✰✰

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29493 comments Thanks for the feedback, Loriidae. Bummer she's compromising plot for sex, sounds like some comments made about LKHamilton's Anita Blake series. I've read CF's Dark/Carpathian series, but haven't started her Shadow series.

message 4: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 145 comments I read the first one and liked it enough to buy Shadow Keeper. I wasn't particularly interested in the second book and skipped it; and judging by the reviews I've seen, I didn't miss much. I liked the Drake Sisters and the Sisters of the Heart spin off series very much. She seems to be prone to sex scenes that go on for pages. I skim/skip them. Her new Torpedo Ink series seems to be following the same pattern with the addition of quite a lot of violence. I read the first one and may not read any others.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadow Keeper (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christine Feehan (other topics)