What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Book set in England about a single mum. Finds out her fiance cheats on her the night before her wedding and ends up seeing her old flame from many years ago before she was kicked out of her home as a young teenager. Reads like a chick flick /s

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Jul 27, 2014 12:27PM) (new)

Rachel Lawrence | 9 comments Read this book a few years ago. It's set in England and it's about a single mom who finds out the day before her wedding, her fiance cheated on her with her makeup/hair lady.
She never told the father of her daughter (ex boyfriend from teen years) he was the father and he's now back in town and in the wine business with his family.
Her cousin or old friend seems like a dreary guy who lives in the countryside making shirts or something with his mum/aunts (?) until a rapper comes in and buys the lot, making them famous, befriends her cousin and they make an odd friendship which turns into a reality show. Something like that.
Leant it to someone and never got it back and I REALLY want to read it again if anyone has an idea of what it's about (O:
Thanks, sorry for the random descriptions, was great but there are a lot of different plots!!
Oh...and the step mum's horrible and she finds out finally about her real mum and the story behind why she was kicked out of the house when she was younger and pregnant to go and live with her Aunt. Oh..and finds out her Dad wasn't her real Dad and ends up figuring out who it was. Sorry again for all the blabbing. Hope someone knows it (O:
Thanks

message 2: by Rachel (last edited Jul 27, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Rachel Lawrence | 9 comments Oh and the rapper confides to being gay to the dreary cousin, in one of their adventures, in a turn for their friendship becoming realer.
Sounds like it could be a heavy book, but it's a pretty light hearted and sweet. cover was sort of a similar style to this. I think it was pink with some sort of drawings on it
https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1289919...

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jul 27, 2014 04:58PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
NO idea what this is Rachel. But I'll be reading it when it's found.

How long ago was "a few years?" Was it simply set in England or was the author British as well?

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Lawrence | 9 comments It was SO good!! I read it about 2 or 3 years ago and it was probably written within the last 4 or 5 years I'm guessing. I wish I knew about the author or anything! Urg...so bummed. I even went to the bookstore today and browsed through the fiction books trying to look for a cover I recognized! No luck, the hunt continues. I hope hope hope someone recognizes it and we can all read it (O: I'll let you know!

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina | 116 comments Sounds like A Walk in the Park by Jill Mansell.

message 6: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments Tina wrote: "Sounds like A Walk in the Park by Jill Mansell."

I bet you're right, especially after seeing one of the reviews that read, "...Loved Flynn, the love interest. Also the gangsta rapper with a secret..." and there is a version with a cover that is pink with drawing on it.

I do believe I will be reading this one. :)

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Lawrence | 9 comments Tina wrote: "Sounds like A Walk in the Park by Jill Mansell."

woooooooooooohhhooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I think that's it!!!!! So so so so so so excited!! Thank you SO much!!!!! Ordering a copy of it right now! Tina, you're AWESOME!!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Lawrence | 9 comments Christie wrote: "Tina wrote: "Sounds like A Walk in the Park by Jill Mansell."

I bet you're right, especially after seeing one of the reviews that read, "...Loved Flynn, the love interest. Also the..."

Hope you like it Christie (O:

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Lawrence | 9 comments How do I change this to solved?

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Taken care of Rachel.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Lawrence | 9 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Taken care of Rachel."

Thanks (O: