twilight lovers! discussion

Movies (non-twilight) > The Vampire’s Assistant

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
The Vampire’s Assistant
Cast: Salma Hayek, John C. Reilly, Ken Watanabe, Josh Hutcherson, Chris Kelly, Patrick Fugit, Jane Krakowski
Director: Paul Weitz
Distributor: Universal Pictures
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Release Date: October 23rd (wide)
Based on: The Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan

A boy unknowingly breaks a 200-year-old truce between two warring factions of vampires. Pulled into a fantastic life of misunderstood sideshow freaks and grotesque creatures of the night, one teen will vanish from the safety of a boring existence and fulfill his destiny in a place drawn from nightmares. Fourteen-year-old Darren was like most kids in his suburban neighborhood. He hung out with his best friend, got decent grades and usually stayed out of trouble. But when he and his buddy stumble upon a traveling freak show, things begin to change inside Darren. That's the exact moment when a vampire named Larten Crepsley turns him into something, well, bloodthirsty.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Dun dun dun o.O

message 3: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Is that your favorite thing to say?? lol

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. Yes it is. :D

message 5: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

WELL......I LUV IT!!!!

message 6: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Here's the Trailer...
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3795...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Isn't that based on a book?

message 8: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Yep... Its a whole series I guess.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Speaking of which, no one has written a synopsis for the first book yet. The only thing available are reviews.

message 10: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Hhhhhmmm.

message 11: by Celia (new)

Celia  Jane Guzi (celiahearts) | 97 comments I've read the first book!! It was kind of good, only sort of gross and for some reason I imagined the story being "small." Maybe that's just cuz the book size was small. hmm.

anyway, it's about a boy, Darren Shan, who has these friends. One friend, Steve, (Josh Hutcherson) finds this poster for a "Cirque Du Freak." They save up money and plan to go to the illegal, rare, hidden freak show. In secret, they buy tickets, but they are only allowed two. So Darren and Steve go.

At this freak show, it's like, really scary and stuff... it's sorta predictable, blah, blah. One act is a dude (played by John C. Reily) has this giant, revolting pet spider who he trains to do weird stuff. When Steve sees this guy. I forget his name!!! It might be Mr. Crepsley. So I'm gonna call him Mr. Crepsley. When Steve sees Crepsley, he totally freaks out and doesn't tell Darren why. After the show, Steve tells Darren to go on back home while he stays behind, but won't tell Darren why. Darren secretly stays behind too without telling Steve, hides, and watches. Steve goes to Crepsley and tells him that he knows Crepsley is a vampire. He saw him in a book of his. And Steve asks to be a vampire. Mr. Crepsley agrees, sucks his blood but he insists it's bad blood and that steve is evil, so doesn't make him one. Darren freaks. Later, Darren Steals Crepsley's spider and teaches it stuff. The spider bites steve later. Steve is going to die. Mr. Crepsley takes spider back, and says that if Darren becomes his assistant, and becomes a vampire, he will save Steve. He agrees. Darren fakes his death. I forget what happens next.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 21, 2009 05:35PM) (new)

I read all 12 and like after he fakes his death he goes back to the cirque du freak then learns how to be his assistant.Then they went to this city and darren got a girlfriend named Debbie. Then this vampeneze (a vampaneze is a vampire who kills people when they drink blood)named Mulgroth (or somthing)captures Evra Darrens friend then Darren makes a plan to trade Evra for debbie but when the Vampaneze trys to kill her it was a goat he killed not debbie (darrens plan) then Larten killed him. Then Larten Creepsely brings darren to Vampire mountian since they cant make childern vampires so Darren and larten address the princes and Darren's punishment is the Trials of death. Darren does the Aquatic Maze, Path of needles, the Hall of Fire, and the Blood Boars. When he was facing the boars he almose lost then Harkat Mulds (a little person who was in the cirque du freak)interfered so he had to adress the council again so they could decide if he had to go to the hall of death to be droped in the pit of stakes. But Kurdra sumahalt a vampire genaral (to be prince)brings a group of vampaneze to the mountian to help but the vampires. when darren kurdra and another genaral go exploring the caves they run into the vampaneze then kurdra kills the genaral so Darren runs and falls into the lake at the Hall Of Final Voyage and goes down the stream.Blah Blah he lives with the wolves Blah the wolves bring him up the mountian.BLAH.so he intrudes on kurdras ceramony then they go kill the vampaneze then kill Kurdra then Darren adresses the council so Mika Ver Leath, Arrow and Paris Skyle(opps forgot Vancha March) decided that since he cant go under the rules they would put him ABOVE them so he becomes a vampire prince. Later they get a word that the Vampaneze lord has been found. (the Vampaneze lord is a guy who will lead the vampaneze on a rampage and totaly wipe out the earth)Later Desmond Tiny (mr.DesTiny)(he can see the future and made the little people)he tells them that three hunters (Darren, Larten, and Vancha)will encounter the vampaneze lord ummmmmmmm i think five times and their the ONLY ones who have a shot at killing him. So they meet Lady evanna a ummmmu could say witch though she dosent like ppl calling her that.when they get there they have already encountered him three times she says,so she comes with them.she ALSO says that the lord of shadows is either Steve OR Darren. (they now know the vampaneze lord is steve and he got humans to help him by using guns, bows,and crossbows since vampaneze and vampires cant use aim and like shooting weapons, he called them Vampets DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN). So they face them in this platform with stakes below and Larten (Steve calls him creepy creepsley)dies in the steel pit of flames and stakes.after that harkat starts having nightmares about the lord of shadows with dragons and stuff then Des Tiny tells him that he has to know who he was (since little ppl r ghosts)or he goes crazy so he brings him AND Darren to the ummmm****** cant tell u(the place is like really barren).well then he says they'll meet this panther(that they kill)they'll get a clue to who harkat was and somthing telling them where to go next to where they go next when the kill it they see theres a map like birthmark on its skin they cut it off and it's teeth say Harkat Mulds, one of the teeth has a hole.then they go to this giant frog where they have to get jelly globes underneeth it then they meet this freaky pirate guy.all 3 of them then go to the temple of groseeque to get this holly water stuff and they meet this ppl and the tempal colapses on them when they throw a vial of the groseque's venom at them.then they go through this tunnel with spiders in it then they get in this kitchen and see the spiders and their Ba'shan spiders (madam octas and a spider on Vampire mountians spider that they made)so then they get a note saying that their next stop is the lake of souls where they'll fish for harkats soul.so harkat finds these postcards on the fridge of where they are.when they get to the lake they use the vial the tooth and jelly globes to make bombs and go FISHIN!then the pirate dude falls in so the dragons in the sky can atack and they bomb them.then Harkat gets his soul and mr.destiny comes and shoos the dragons away.and harkats sould is...Kurda Sumahalt so they talk and then desmond says either harkat or kurdra dies so kurdra says hell die, so then they go back and harkat re aranges the teeth with his name to spell kurdras name and also tells darren the postcards dated to the future so thatswhat the world would look like if darren or steve dies. Then when Vancha comes back from telling the princes of what's happening Darren's back at the Cirque du freak with evra the snake man and his wife Merla who can take off her ears and throw them around, AND their three kids. Later darren meets Debbie and she collected some humans to use guns (etc.) she calls them VAMPIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so steve kills one of evras childrens Shancus so merla and evra are sad and stuff on the FINAL encounter merla jumps on darren pretending to be angry at him and tells him where steve is.then he and Vancha go to try and kill steve then vancha knocks out Steves helper and steve knocks out him 2. and steve and darren fight in this tunnel then darren stabs steve in the heart and mr tiny comes and says GRATS DARREN then says hes their sons and he made them to destory the world so darren did'nt want that so twisted destiny and ticked steve off and so BOTH of them die then darren goes to the lake of souls not paradise then evanna pulls him out then she says shes pregnant since shes the only girl who can stand a vamp babie so she does with a vampire and vampaneze to make peace. then she brings him to destiny to make him a little person so he'll go to paradise.THE END
PS some of meh spelling and puncuation and capalization may be off i'm just in 4th grade! TY alice

PPSS this is only scraping all of the books (sorta)and info may be mixed up.TY TY alice alice

message 13: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments looks good

message 14: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Wow I guess who needs to see the movie or read the books now...lol.

message 15: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments I'm rading the books. We have the whole collection at my school.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 08, 2009 09:58AM) (new)

awesome, wish we had all of em at my school

message 17: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments I saw the trailer like 3 times but it didn't really appeal to me.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

thats cuz they made the books into a twisted comedy.

message 19: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments Dang, I hate when they do that. But are the books good???

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah they are MUCH MUCH better. i am ashamed of the filmmakers.

message 21: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments alice wrote: "yeah they are MUCH MUCH better. i am ashamed of the filmmakers."

LOL!!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

stupid film-makers -_-

message 23: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments alice wrote: "stupid film-makers -_-"

You can say that again!!!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

stupid film-makers -_-...

message 25: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments lol