Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

III. Goodreads Readers > If you had french fries with your favorite author, what would you ask him/er?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Rugambwa (douglasr) | 51 comments Hey! This one's for the readers... if you had the chance to go out with one of your favorite authors what would you ask them OR what would you like to talk about?

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2820 comments I have several favourite authors, and I have different questions or discussion topics for each of them.

If I was having lunch with J K Rowling, I'd ask about the bonus chapter she added at the end of book 7, and why she didn't just expand on that for a book.

If I was having lunch with Michelle Paver, I'd want to discuss all the trips she took when doing the research she did for her Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness series, since I know she did a lot of travelling and I'm sure stories of the trips would be fascinating.

If I was having lunch with Kim Harrison, we'd discuss her Hollows series.

Those are the first three that spring to mind, and I won't list more or I'll be here all day, LOL!

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) "So, you want ketchup, or you want me to order you some 'spread' from the secret menu? :D"

message 4: by Renee E (new)

Renee E "You know those things are pretty much poison, right?"

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) Well that depends. The ones at In-N-Out are made of real potatoes. You can watch them peel them through the window of the restaurant.

message 6: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 509 comments "How do you like nitrates instead of nutrients?"

I think Chaucer would think me crazy.

message 7: by Renee E (last edited Aug 03, 2014 10:31PM) (new)

Renee E Nenia wrote: "Well that depends. The ones at In-N-Out are made of real potatoes. You can watch them peel them through the window of the restaurant."

Potatoes absorb massive amounts of toxins (like agricultural pesticides and herbicides) and other ground pollutants. And then there's the whole deep frying thing, lol!

message 8: by Derrolyn (new)

Derrolyn Anderson Nenia wrote: "Well that depends. The ones at In-N-Out are made of real potatoes. You can watch them peel them through the window of the restaurant."

I love In-N-Out fries, but you have to eat them right there or they suck by the time you get them home, LOL.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary Bey | 23 comments I would ask them to pass the ketchup.... JK!
Um, I don`t know, I mean, there is a good chance I may faint or be rendered speechless but if I`m not I guess I`d talk about the writing in general, the tecniques, the symbolism, how she came up with some of the things, what some of the characters were almost named, stuff like that. You know, I talk to her as a writer.
Then, as a reader. I`d praise him, fangirl, ect.
But first I`d talk to him as a person, ask her about herself.

message 10: by Khristina (new)

Khristina Chess (khristina_chess) | 8 comments My favorite author has written so many Author's Notes in his novels that I feel like I know him personally already. All the big, typical questions have been answered for me. I guess I'd like to hear his thoughts about the changes in the publishing industry today and where he thinks things are going. He's been around a long time and would have interesting things to say.

message 11: by Micah (new)

Micah Sisk (micahrsisk) "You know...I hear these things taste better when they're fried in horse fat...But you probably know that, Phil, since you named one of your characters Horselover Fat. Pass the mayo...really sorry you're dead, dude."