The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > I suppose I should introduce myself

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesliecs) I joined this group a couple of months ago so that I could participate in the summer challenge, but I've been a little bit intimidated to join in on the other great discussions going on around here. Not intimidated by the people (you all seem great!), but by the sheer number of posts this group generates. I've been dipping into threads here and there, mostly just reading but occasionally posting, and although I don't know how much time I'll have to really be very active in the group, I think I'm at least ready to say "hi!"

I'm Leslie from Sacramento, California, and I love to read! This year has been a great year for my reading - I don't think I've read this much since high school! I've always been a big time book lover, but over the past few years there have always been so many distractions. I think I can give Goodreads at least some of the credit for getting me re-addicted - I love this site. I set myself a goal of reading 50 books this year, and I'm already at 63 (33 for the summer challenge alone). I know that is small potatoes for some of the readers around here, but I couldn't be happier.

message 2: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome to the group, Leslie! We are all Goodreads/book addicts, so you should feel right at home!

message 3: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Hi Leslie. Welcome to TNBBC.

message 4: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hi Leslie! It's always great to meet a fellow book addict!

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Welcome Leslie!!!
Please don't ever think you have to 'keep up' with some standard. If you continue to check in with the threads, you will soon see that we all ebb and flow with our reading. Some of us are young (sadly, not I):) and some are at the stage of small children.
Then there are those with children leaving the nest and a whole different set of responsibilities ...
We want you if you read 1 book or 100 books, and will happily 'listen' to your comments if you care to give them !!!
So, Welcome Leslie!

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10088 comments Mod
Leslie,
Its great to see you branching out of the challenge thread and into the others... theres alot of great fun things out there :)