From the Book to the Big Screen discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > What adaptations have you seen so far this year? 2014

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn I thought it would be a neat idea just to keep track of the book adaptations you've seen in 2014.

So far, I've seen Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars. I plan on seeing a few more, including some Adult Fiction adaptations.

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 380 comments Mod
It is a good idea

Divergent, the fault in our stars

message 3: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Erin wrote: "It is a good idea

Divergent, the fault in our stars"

I think that's all that has been released for YA so far. It seems like they are all doing a fall or winter push.

message 4: by Erin (new)

I know, I am waiting for the hobbit movie, and mocking jay part 1 and they all come out at the end of the year

message 5: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn What's the release for The Maze Runner? I want to read that before it comes out.

message 6: by Erin (new)

September 9th

message 7: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Erin wrote: "September 9th"

Oh. Wow. That's coming up fast.

message 8: by Erin (new)

I know I thought that it was coming out in november, but then i googled it and it said september 9th

message 9: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Erin wrote: "I know I thought that it was coming out in november, but then i googled it and it said september 9th"

I will have to find it sooner than later then. I know a lot of my students were reading it. From what I can tell, it's one of those books that you either love or hate.

message 10: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (alaina05) | 1 comments The maze runner actually comes out September 19th, I just don't want you to go to the theater prepared to see it and it doesn't come out for another 10 days..

And I've seen Divergent and Vampire Academy so far this year. I'm seeing tfios in a few days, and I can't wait for the Giver, If I Stay, Mockingjay pt 1, The Maze Runner and others:)

These Violent Delights (Robin) I plan to see Mockingjay pt 1 within the first week it comes out. I also plan to see The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies within the week it comes out.

I rented VA when it came on Time Warner cable on demand because my sister wanted to see it. I also saw Divergent in theaters and bought Divergent on DVD the day it came out.

message 12: by Cas ❦ (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) Divergent, and I am going to see TFIOS and VA.

message 13: by Juliet (new)

Juliet | 7 comments Divergent and TFIOS. I plan on seeing The Giver, maybe The Maze Runner, and Mockingjay.

message 14: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 22 comments Divergent and TFIOS like everyone else

message 15: by Erin (new)

Have you not seen DIVERGENT!!! I can live with TFIOS but DIVERGENT, no no no no no

message 16: by Erin (new)

Ok, sorry I tend to LOVE this movie

message 17: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I've seen Divergent and Vampire Academy. I plan on seeing The Maze Runner and Mockingjay. Out of them I have read, I've only read Vampire Academy and Mockingjay.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber (mybookshelfisneverfull) I've seen Divergent and TFIOS, but I really want to see VA, If I Stay, The Maze Runner, and Mockingjay.

message 19: by Chante (new)

Chante I've only seen Divergent but I really want to see TFIOS and If I Stay since I just finished reading it.

message 20: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 8 comments wanting to see Maze Runner

and when it it comes out THE RANGER'S APPRENTICE

message 21: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Is If I Stay any good? I've heard that quite a few people hated it, so I'm afraid of seeing it.

I might find a link online, though. That's how I watched TFIOS.

message 22: by Erin (new)

Cool, i watched it and I thought that it was okay.

message 23: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 22 comments I liked if i stay

message 24: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Alicia wrote: "I liked if i stay"

Erin wrote: "Cool, i watched it and I thought that it was okay."

Okay. Maybe the people who were saying it sucked were grumpy gills. lol

message 25: by Erin (new)

I saw the Maze Runner!!!

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) Erin wrote: "I saw the Maze Runner!!!"

Me too! I loved it.

message 27: by Erin (new)

ME TWO!!!!!

message 28: by Cherry (new)

Cherry (lithmuspaper) | 5 comments Same here. Saw it and I think it's good.

message 29: by Erin (new)

It followed the book pretty well, there were a few parts that I was quite disappointed in.

message 30: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) I've seen Vampire Academy, Divergent, The Fault in Our Stars and The Giver.

message 31: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn I heard a bunch of kids at a school the other day talking about The Maze Runner, and they all hated it. They said it was very loosely based on the book.

I still haven't read it, but it's on my list! I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Is anyone planning on seeing Gone Girl or The Best of Me? I read both books, and I was quite disappointed in Gone Girl, but I want to see it just to see how well it follows the book. I really liked The Best of Me, so I know I'll be seeing that.

I still have to see If I Stay and The Giver, and I can't wait until Mockingjay comes out!

message 32: by Erin (new)

I am planning on seeing the best of me(maybe)

message 33: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Erin wrote: "I am planning on seeing the best of me(maybe)"

I just hope I can make some money soon to pay to see all these movies. lol

message 34: by Erin (new)

Me too, I am going to go broke if I keep spending my money on movies and books

message 35: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Erin wrote: "Me too, I am going to go broke if I keep spending my money on movies and books"

I know! I'm on a book buying ban right now because I spent pretty much my entire bank account on books this summer. Oops.

message 36: by Erin (new)

I spent over 600 dollars on books and movies this summer. I think I need to fix my financial skills.

message 37: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Erin wrote: "I spent over 600 dollars on books and movies this summer. I think I need to fix my financial skills."

I didn't see any movies this summer, but at the beginning of the summer, I had over $1300, and it was down to $200 by the beginning of August. Of course there was some money going towards groceries, gas, and other bills, but a large chunk was towards books.

message 38: by Janessa (new)

Janessa I've seen The Giver, and recently I watch a version of Hamlet and The Great Gatsby the original one starring Robert Redford so much better then the new one I think.

message 39: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 4 comments I have seen TFIOS and Divergent. I want to watch Mockingjay Part 1 when it comes out on dvd. I can't wait for Tiger's Curse to come to theaters. I love this series. The director had better not ruin it.

message 40: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Divergent
The Fault in Our Stars
If I Stay
Mockingjay Part I

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan I just saw Divergent. I realize that I'm the only person on the planet who has not read the book yet : ), but I was wondering why the Dauntless Faction leader (Eric?) is so cranky? The movie tells us about Tobias's issues, but does Eric have some issues that aren't mentioned in the movie or is he just a bad egg?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.