Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Elusion (Elusion, #1)
This topic is about Elusion
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Elusion by Claudia Gabel → Start Date: August 7, 2014

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel Gunter Join me and Lieniitte reading Elusion starting the 7th August :)

message 2: by (Liene) (last edited Jul 26, 2014 01:50AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments I can't wait! This has gotten mixed reviews, but the plot sounds very intriguing so I can't pass up reading it and I just got it a couple of weeks ago so this is perfect! :)

Rachel Gunter Yeah I know, I was in two mind whether to read it or not but decided to just give it a go! Besides, the cover is so pretty that I couldn't resist :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments I will join you ladies. I will be listening to the audiobook of this.

Rachel Gunter Great :)

message 6: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments What a beautiful cover!

Suzy Kennedy | 421 comments Im in for this one. its on my list

message 8: by Adriana (new) - added it

Adriana Stone | 357 comments I'll join you :)

Rachel Gunter Great! Looking forward to read this with you all :)

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments looks like I'm in too! I wasn't sure if I could get the book in time but it looks like I can :)

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments WOOHOO! I picked this up from the library today!
I can't wait to start tomorrow!!
I have some books to catch up on and then I'll start this one!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments Wow is it 8/7 tomorrow? Hmm...I will be a few days behind on this one.

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments I started Obsidian last night, I just have about 150 pages left and then I'll be starting this one! :)

message 14: by Suzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Suzy Kennedy | 421 comments starting it now. I love listening to audio books at work. It starts off well. Its nice when a book captures your attention right away

Rachel Gunter I will be starting tonight but I think I'll be quite slow with this read, got a couple of other books to read at the moment too :) really looking forward to starting it though!

message 16: by Suzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Suzy Kennedy | 421 comments I'm about half way done and I think that this is a pretty awesome book so far. I like the premise of humans living in a world were we cant go outside most days without a filter and that there isn't much beautiful nature left in the world because it kind of seems like we are heading that way.

I love the character building, (view spoiler)

I like Patrick's character and I think (view spoiler)

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments I'm only about 3 chapter in but I'll read more soon

Dad (view spoiler)

world (view spoiler)

Patrick (view spoiler)

Rachel Gunter I'm about half way through at the moment but enjoying it, off to work now so hopefully will get some more reading done later :)

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments I read about 4 chapters, had some errands to do, and during that time I got sucked in to an audio book I was listening to, made it hard to snap out of it and return to this one, but I will in an hour or so, since it was quite nice the first few chapters :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments I am at chapter two. The Elusion program reminds me of the program the people of Reverie (in Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi ) have access to.

Rachel Gunter Yeah I thought that too!

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 09, 2014 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments YES! i totally agree Mandiann! I was thinking the same thing!
Okay, I'm 10 chapters in (about 200 pages)

Patrick (view spoiler)

Josh (view spoiler)

Regan (view spoiler)

book (view spoiler)

it's interesting so far but I"m not loving it
I hope to finish it tomorrow

Rachel Gunter I finished this last night, I really enjoyed this so I gave it 4 stars :) I'm guessing that there will be a sequel, so that would be good.

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments I'm done too! :)

Ending (view spoiler)

Dad (view spoiler)

Avery (view spoiler)

Carolyn (view spoiler)

Bryce (view spoiler)

Nora (view spoiler)

message 25: by (Liene) (last edited Aug 11, 2014 08:26AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments 10 chapters in

Nora (view spoiler)

Dad (view spoiler)

Elusion (view spoiler)

I agree with Trisha, I am completely (view spoiler)

I don't find Elusion, the escape to be interesting really. Maybe this is because I just read Ready Player One and the virtual world in that was much more awesome than this, but this doesn't seem appealing, especially because (view spoiler)

5020 (view spoiler)

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments oooh, I haven't read Ready Player One...
it's good??? I'll have to bump it up the list :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments Lieniitte wrote: "10 chapters in

Nora [spoilers removed]

Dad [spoilers removed]

Elusion [spoilers removed]

I agree with Trisha, I am completely [spoilers removed]

I don't find Elusion, the escape to be in..."

I am also 10 chapters in.

5020 (view spoiler)

I love reading everyone's thoughts. I agree that I would like to see more world and character building.

Dad (view spoiler)

message 28: by (Liene) (last edited Aug 11, 2014 08:52PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments Trisha, yes, Ready Player One was really good! I will try to quickly compare it to Elusion. There aren't really any spoilers in here for either book, but I'll put it under one so it doesn't look so long in the thread, as it is mainly about a different book :D

(view spoiler)

Wow, I feel terrible after writing that, but I'm just being honest. I really think that book ruined my Elusion reading experience :D

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments Ok, so I finished too!

End (view spoiler)

Bryce (view spoiler)

Regan (view spoiler)

Patrick (view spoiler)

Overall (view spoiler)
So I will be continuing, but I agree with Trisha, I just want to see what happens next.

I hope the execution of the story is improved in the next book :)

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Lieniitte wrote: "Trisha, yes, Ready Player One was really good! I will try to quickly compare it to Elusion. There aren't really any spoilers in here for either book, but I'll put it under one so it doesn't look so..."

lol! I Love it! thank you for the comparison!
I just requested the audio from my library. Once I finish my current audio, I'll be all over it! Thank you! I can't wait!

(Liene) (lieniitte) | 727 comments Cool! I'm glad I could be of some help :)

message 32: by Suzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Suzy Kennedy | 421 comments I really liked this book. I found it a quick easy read with great descriptions of the worlds they went into. I did find the plots and story line a bit jumbled, but I feel like it was done because we are following Regan and she is just figuring things out and doesn't have all the pieces. I hope that in book 2 as things fall into place something big happens.

Dad (view spoiler)

Regan (view spoiler)

Josh had to grow on me (view spoiler)

Overall not the best book ever, but I liked it. I listened to the audio book, which has a good reader so that may have effected how I feel about the book.

message 33: by Mandiann (last edited Aug 13, 2014 05:25PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments Yes, the reader is really good overall but I hate her voice for Patrick.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments I finished! I liked the ending a lot, I though it was very strong and full of action. If only the middle of the book had been a little bit more faced paced I may have given it a four instead of a three, but I felt it moved a little slowly at times.

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 14, 2014 07:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments yay Mandiann! I'm glad you liked it!! So do you think you'll be reading book 2 then?

Do we all think we are?? (I'm just curious) :)

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments wow, the cover to book 2 is really pretty :D
Etherworld (Elusion, #2) by Claudia Gabel

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments Yes, I will join for book two.

Rachel Gunter Yeah I'd definitely read book 2 when it comes out :)