What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. romance - runs through a red light screaming but doesn't get a ticket as the police are laughing

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments I read a really good book which had a hilarious scene where the main character raced through the red traffic light screaming her head off only to be pulled over by police officers who cant stop laughing because of the hilarity of her actions but I cant remember what its called does anyone know where this is from?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39360 comments Mod
When did you read it? Do you remember any other details?

message 3: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments i just come across the actual scene but it doesn't say which book it came from maybe someone will recognize it

" I ran a red light on mistake and I didn’t notice it was red until it was too late so I just ran the light screeching like an angry pterodactyl the entire time
a cop was at the intersection so he pulled me over and when he came up to my window he was wheezing cause he was laughing so hard and he said
“ok so i know you ran a red light and that’s really bad and you should never do it again but i’m not gonna give you a ticket cause that was the funniest thing i’ve ever seen and my partner can’t get out of the car cause he’s laughing so hard he’s about to pee himself”
i forgot that i’d had my window open when i ran the red light and the cop told me that all he heard from my car was this really high-pitched “screeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”
and that’s how i got out of getting a ticket for running a red light"

message 4: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 712 comments Jade, are you sure this was from a book? The only things that popped up for me when I Googled it were web pages where people had posted that same snippet/story.

If you're sure it was a book...do you remember anything else about the story? The cover?

message 5: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1229 comments Yeah I'm gonna echo Liralen, I think this might not be from a book. I know I've seen that post making the rounds on tumblr. But it was posted as someone's actual life not as an excerpt from a book. Could have been pulled from a book and they claimed it as their own experience but....?

message 6: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments i'm pretty sure it was a book because i don't have tumblr and dont really read blogs
also i think another part of the book involved the girl going on a date with the guy she was falling for at astronomy building place (the guy took her there because she was really in the stars)

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Jade, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Jade, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.