Bloggers Unite™ discussion

Blogs... > Do You Edit Your Blog Posts?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (last edited Jul 25, 2014 08:55PM) (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 4 comments Okay so let's say you've made a blog post, it's published, then a few days later you realize you didn't say everything you wanted to say...

Do you go back and re-add what you forgot? Or if you thought of something else to add.

I ask this because I've made two blog posts, one being a book review, the other being a book haul. I discovered I didn't say everything in my posts that I wanted to say. Would it be weird to go back and add stuff to them?

The posts are only from Tuesday at the latest with the newest one being added just yesterday.

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 6 comments You can certainly add to blog posts or even delete things from blog posts if you thought that they didn't express what you wanted to say. I've done this a number of times. I've never gotten any comments about any changes that I've made.

message 3: by Mary H. (last edited Jul 26, 2014 09:08AM) (new)

Mary H. Collins (maryhcollins) | 25 comments Dreams Come True - 5 star Amazon review from Book Worn:
know this book will be a best seller. I LOVED IT!! like the other books by this author that I've read, this story hooked me on the first page. Mary has a way of writing that I've only seen in Danielle Steel novels. In my reading group we have read 5 of her books and we're waiting for the 6th one to come in the mail.
This story is about holding onto your dreams regardless of the hurdles that get in your way. the book was written very well and easy to read. It teaches a valuable lesson. If you like true love stories, I would certainly recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-Come-Tru...

message 4: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 105 comments I always edit my blog posts and will wait a day to post them.

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 4 comments Jencey/ wrote: "I always edit my blog posts and will wait a day to post them."

That's a good rule of thumb. I should at least go through my documents and make sure I don't have multiple documents about a book.

Shomeret wrote: "You can certainly add to blog posts or even delete things from blog posts if you thought that they didn't express what you wanted to say. I've done this a number of times. I've never gotten any co..."

I think I will do that. It would make me feel better and I'd like to add more typing content to the book haul for sure.

message 6: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 105 comments I sometimes write it but do the edits the next day before I post so I can do it with a fresh mind. The first day is get the words in the document.

message 7: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) | 33 comments I post immediately but almost never go back and add unless I'm correcting a mistake. Why? Because if someone adds something later, I've already read that post and don't want to have to re-read the entire post to find the added information. Few people have (especially writers)enough time to read all the blog posts they want and I'm guessing like me don't have that time to re-read something. I'd rather read an addendum than a re-hashed post.

message 8: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) | 33 comments Or you could always do a "Part Two" or "continuation" the next post with the additional information!

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 4 comments P.I. wrote: "Or you could always do a "Part Two" or "continuation" the next post with the additional information!"

Jencey/ wrote: "I sometimes write it but do the edits the next day before I post so I can do it with a fresh mind. The first day is get the words in the document."

Thank you both for your thoughts and view points. :) I struggle with the "Wait a bit before posting" and making sure I have everything said exactly how I wanted and haven't forgotten anything. I just get too excited. :(

A part two could be a good idea. I know I was writing a feature post tonight and it was going to be a two part type thing, each dealing with different things but in one blog. My first part was so long I decided to just make my feature a two part thing.

Your point is valid about not wanting to and/or not having the time to re-read a post. I don't blame you at all. Thank God this isn't going to be a habit for me.