ROBUST discussion

Author to Author > I just submitted a TV Series idea.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (last edited Jul 25, 2014 06:34PM) (new)

Daniel Roberts (Daniel-A-Roberts) | 467 comments Hey folks...

I don't know how many of you have experience with script writing. Either way, experienced or not, I went ahead and submitted a TV Pilot with a mini-bible (nothing to do with religion, I promise) to Amazon Studios. I decided to share it with my fellow authors.

Yes. The Zon.

I'm only doing this once. One movie, which I'm not all that optimistic about because it was an older script of mine, and the other a TV series, aimed at Primetime Comedy.

It's only 39 pages long, and in script format, meaning there isn't that many words per page, believe me.

If any of you are interested in taking a peek at it, here is the project page.

http://studios.amazon.com/projects/54538

If it sells, the money isn't anything to cough at. Shoot, selling a movie script to them is around $200,000.

A TV series is less, but the creator is paid per episode if it sells, starting at $56,000 for the Pilot.

If you look in the Creative Notes on the right, you will see a link to a storyboard I made for the pilot. It's pretty detailed.

The mini-bible is for the focus of the series, where it's headed, and a background on the lead characters.

Wish me luck. If it fails, oh well, no real big loss but a little time. If it sells, well, all I can do after that is make a little money. ^_^

message 2: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Best Wishes!!!

message 3: by Andre Jute (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
Good luck, Daniel!

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Roberts (Daniel-A-Roberts) | 467 comments Thanks! Any amount of luck in this department will never be turned away. ^_^

message 5: by Andre Jute (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "Any amount of luck in this department will never be turned away. ^_^"

Exactly! It is all down to skill.

message 6: by Matt (new)

Matt Posner (mattposner) | 276 comments I hope this works out for you, brother. Keep us informed.