Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Delete series attribute without deleting the book

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Apryl (new)

Apryl Baker | 14 comments I am a librarian, but I am not sure how to do this. I was asked to delete the series attribute without deleting the book. It will be a stand alone book and not in a series. The author set it up as a series originally and now wants to delete the series attribute. How do I do this for future reference? I didn't see anything about it in the librarians manual.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
From the series edit page.

message 3: by Apryl (new)

Apryl Baker | 14 comments rivka wrote: "From the series edit page."

I went there, but the only thing I see that I can remove is the name of the series in the title field in parenthesis. The series name is a highlighted link that just takes me back to the books page.

message 4: by Apryl (new)

Apryl Baker | 14 comments So I am assuming just delete what's in the parenthesis and it will not show up as a series then?

message 5: by Apryl (new)

Apryl Baker | 14 comments New question - If I delete the series, then does that delete the book from Goodreads? I just want to make sure I do this right.

message 6: by Apryl (new)

Apryl Baker | 14 comments Got the question answered in the Feedback thread.

For anyone with the same question in the future:

Click on the highlighted series link. This will take you to the page that lists the book(s) in the series and allows you to add more books.

Top left you will see (edit). Click on edit.

Remove books from the series and then on the bottom left of the page, click remove. This will remove the series.

message 7: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (arkady62) | 10 comments I'm having a problem doing this. Restoree - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
is listed as it is in the Pern Series, but when I follow your direction, I can't find it in the listing. Where else can I go to change this listing? Please help

Rhonda

message 8: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Primaditta (primaditta) | 164 comments Which series do you need to delete? The chronological order or the publication order? Or both?

message 9: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (arkady62) | 10 comments The title is Restoree. Turns out all the editions of this title are under Dragonquest/ Dragonflight. Why they are there is the mystery.

message 10: by Rhonda (last edited Jul 28, 2014 06:22AM) (new)

Rhonda (arkady62) | 10 comments Looks like they were combined with Dragonquest. I'm trying to fix that part now. Fingers crossed.

message 11: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (arkady62) | 10 comments I got it to work. Thanks bunches :)

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Rhonda wrote: "Looks like they were combined with Dragonquest."

How odd. Very, very different books.

message 13: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (arkady62) | 10 comments Yes indeed - too weird

message 14: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18490 comments I've noticed that on the combine page you do not have to actually click the checkbox to choose a title to combine - you only need click in the book "area" to check it. Perhaps someone did this by accident.

message 15: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (arkady62) | 10 comments Could be, but it is fixed now, so no worries. I really appreciate the help and comments :)