Beyond Reality discussion

Persepolis Rising (The Expanse, #7)
This topic is about Persepolis Rising
SERIES—List & Discussions > The Expanse--Persepolis Rising: Roll call and first impressions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2175 comments Mod
Comment here if you are reading or planning to read Persepolis Rising! No spoilers please!

message 2: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2175 comments Mod
Starting it tonight!

Silvana (silvaubrey) This has a different pace with the other books. Loved it still.

message 4: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 480 comments Starting it today. I understand that the authors intend to produce a couple more volumes in the series after this one.

Random (rand0m1s) | 820 comments Already? I lost track of time!

Well I was wondering what I was going to start next last night. :)

Silvana (silvaubrey) There are two books left. *sobs

Random (rand0m1s) | 820 comments Maybe we can create discussion threads on those books as they come out? Not official series read, but for those of us who want to continue talking about the final books.

message 8: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 480 comments Might be a while before they appear. Which is okay with me. I may want a break after no, 7.

Silvana (silvaubrey) Random wrote: "Maybe we can create discussion threads on those books as they come out? Not official series read, but for those of us who want to continue talking about the final books."

Agree.

message 10: by Jim (last edited Apr 07, 2018 07:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 480 comments No spoilers here, but I have to say that I am enjoying this installment much more than the last one. 'Nuff said.

message 11: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (last edited Apr 07, 2018 07:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3154 comments Mod
I’m ready to start it this weekend.

And yes, I hope we set up a couple topics for the not-yet-released books so we can discuss them when they come out. Of course, I still have the short fiction to read as well.

message 12: by Chris, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chris (heroncfr) | 513 comments Mod
Once again, a great continuation of our story. It was too much to hope that everyone could just get along. People persist in playing with the protomolecule and humanity may be wiped out as a result. Holden tries to retire for about 2 seconds, but can’t stay uninvolved. Bobbie’s stellar leadership qualities finally get to shine, and I may finally have come to terms with Clarissa Mao.

I am devastated that this is the last book for a while. Good news, though, at least I can start watching the next installments of the TV series again this week.

message 13: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chris wrote: "I am devastated that this is the last book for a while. Good news, though, at least I can start watching the next installments of the TV series again this week.”

Thanks for the heads up—didn’t know Season 3 was starting this week!

message 14: by Jim (last edited Apr 27, 2018 09:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 480 comments Chris wrote: "I am devastated that this is the last book for a while. Good news, though, at least I can start watching the next installments of the TV series again this week. "

I'm about 100 pages from the end of this book. No spoilers, but I have to say that as I watch the new installments of the SyFy series, my mind keeps trying to superimpose the message: "previously on The Expanse...". So much has happened since the end point of the show that I have trouble being patient. It's still the best SF on the air, however.

message 15: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim wrote: "I'm about 100 pages from the end of this book. No spoilers, but I have to say that as I watch the new installments of the SyFy series, my mind keeps trying to superimpose the message: "previously on The Expanse...". So much has happened since the end point of the show that I have trouble being patient. It's still the best SF on the air, however.”
I am recording the new TV series installments to watch in a more compressed time rather than once a week. I am a little worried about how it will be, since I have read so far ahead of where the TV series is. My husband chose to watch the shows and then read the books later when the book series is finished. So I think we will view this season through very different eyes.