♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

The Hate U Give (The Hate U Give, #1)
This topic is about The Hate U Give
Group Reads > The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Apr 01, 2018 12:28PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed.

Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr.

But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life.

Mariana | 1 comments This book is soooo good!! I love it way too much!! I really hope they make a good movie about it (and don’t ruin it like every other book adaptation). Angie Thomas writes so well i swore she had other books, and then i was in shock to find out this was her first, she really has a lot of talent.
I am really hoping to see more books from her.