Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Hot Alpha SEALs
This topic is about Hot Alpha SEALs
Serieses! > Confused or Is this really a series?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments I just purchased this book. It is an anthology so I was surprised to see a series number attached to it.

When I check out the series page: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1334...

I see two books listed as #1: this book and a book inside this book: Night with a SEAL <--this book has a website address in the ISBN13 slot - just noticed as I was typing.

Soooo, I'm wondering: is this anthology correctly listed as a part of the series AND as #1 in the series? Or should it not? There seem to be at least one more book in this anthology that is NOT part of the Hot SEALs series (I've not read the book as yet). If it SHOULD be listed as part of a series - should it list all series?

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Yes, this is correct. The book has been published both alone as a paperback and as part of an ebook anthology. So it is valid to include both as linked to the series. You'll also note that only the pb edition is marked as 'primary' on the series page, which probably no one but OCD librarians ever notices :P

I removed the html from the ISBN13 slot and replaced it with the correct number.

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Oh, and yes, any other series that are part of that anthology should also be listed and attached to that record. If you want, go ahead and provide the series links that the anthology should be a part of, and a librarian can fix those. Or not, as it's a bit of work!

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments Z-squared wrote: "Yes, this is correct. The book has been published both alone as a paperback and as part of an ebook anthology. So it is valid to include both as linked to the series. You'll also note that only t..."

Thank you. :-D

What about the other series? Should that be listed as well?

The book Mister Black: A Billionaire SEAL Story and it is a serial so the series page is here: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1322...

message 5: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments yes. and done.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments Z-squared wrote: "yes. and done."

YOu should be like "Z-Squared to the 3rd power"

You're fast! I ran down to grab lunch and *boom.*

Thank you!

message 7: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Z-cubed? it has a nice ring to it :P