2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE - General > Robin from Massachusetts

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin Loves (new)

Robin Loves Reading (robint60) | 35 comments Hello everyone. I've been part of Goodreads for years and years, but I've never participated in any type of group challenge or activity. My history is that I read since childhood, but with huge bursts of time without any reading at all. Part of that is based on the depression that I deal with. But on a positive note, I'm reading again. Years ago, I was a professional reviewer for many online sites and for a print magazine for nearly 7 years. Currently, I am reading voraciously almost every second of the day. I am also a prolific colorist, so I divide my reading time with my Kindle books and with Audible. In the past month and a half I read or listen to 20 or so books.

message 2: by Ilona, Welcome Committee (new)

Ilona | 3782 comments Hi Robin, welcome to the group! I am glad that you found your way back to reading, and this group has lots of challenges and other activities to keep you motivated. We also have an introduction thread were you can introduce yourself to everyone :)

I am going to archive this thread.

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele (llama888) | 108 comments Hi Robin!

As someone who is also reading again after a long dry spell (not depression related, but life related), welcome back! I have found I am a more pleasant person when reading and actually get more accomplished. (Of course, this may have something to do with having less time to spend on the computer and compulsively reading the news.)

I have a long drive everyday, what do you recommend for a good audiobook?