Page 1 to 100

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 382 comments Mod
Discuss Pages 1 to 100 here

message 2: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Very interesting to read the very beginning about how the author came up with this book and how much research he put into making it happen. Didn’t know he was a thriller author until reading his prologue.

Ok going into the prologue of the book now will come back with my thoughts.

message 3: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Wow that prologue was good. I’m enjoying his writing didn’t find it hard to read. I’ve seen many scenes in movies of hangings. Was that woman a witch wow she wished some evil things on the three men. Can’t wait to read on. Going to get some coffee.

message 4: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Chapter 1 thoughts

I’m going to love this book. It has like a game of thrones feel to it. I didn’t know what genre it was until just now. Historical fiction. I tend to like historical fiction.

Tom seems like a strong character who works hard and takes care of his family. Agnes his wife I feel bad for her to be pregnant once again since she suffered from many miscarriages in the past. Hope she can have another. But my favorite character so far is Martha. I just love when they add young kids to the story. My heart was racing when that horse was charging toward Her. Glad that William paid them but I have a feeling that William is a bad person.

message 5: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Chapter 2 thoughts

Love the fast pace of this book! Ellen seems interesting could she be a witch? Her boy is weird. The taking of the pig was sad. Now what are they going to do for money. Glad Ellen stopped to help them.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer White (jwhitern) | 18 comments I am really liking this book! Hoping Tom will get some work soon. I am surprised that it is this fast paced for such a large book. Am finished with the first section. Now changing POV. Hoping I like the second as much as the first.

message 7: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

I need to finish Chapter 3 still on the first POV. Will read more tomorrow.

message 8: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Chapter 3 thoughts

So sad they went through all that trouble to get money from the pig thief and they got nothing at the end.

message 9: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Chapter 4 thoughts

Oh my what a sad / happy chapter. No tears but it was so sad! But I did guess about Ellen. When he was talking about Angels I was like oh no its a paranormal book. Glad it’s not lol

Good news I just got back from the library and they have the tv series I can rent once I finish the book.

Will read more later and be back with my thoughts

message 10: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Chapter v thoughts

Typical man and their urges! I was hoping that Ellen would take care of the baby. Sad they left him there. Maybe they will go back once he finds work.

Ut oh seems the POV is changing chapter 2. Liked the first part of the book. On page 85 now.

message 11: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Ok got to page 100. It was a bit of a struggle not liking the 2nd POV as much as the first.

Will read more tomorrow and finish up chapter 2 and meet you in the next thread.

Not sure I will be able to keep up the 50 pages once school starts again. We have to return to work on Thurs and Fri.