The Challenge Factory discussion

The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1)
This topic is about The Vampire's Mail Order Bride
2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy & Elena - The Vampire's Mail Order Bride

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5382 comments Mod
Krissy & Elena - The Vampire's Mail Order Bride

Elena | 1381 comments Here!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I can start tomorrow :)

Elena | 1381 comments sounds good !

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I'm forcing my way through a Nicholas Sparks book right now:/

message 6: by Elena (last edited Apr 24, 2018 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Elena | 1381 comments bahahahaha :D
which one ?
with your daughter or solo ?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Hell no! I'd never force my child to read Sparks. She'd never read another book with me again! Lol. No, our next mother daughter buddy read will be The Raven Boys.

I'm finishing up The Guardian right now. But I will say this.... this book is actually kind of decent. Not nearly as dull as his other books I've read

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments The narrator needs to work on his accents. Terrible

Elena | 1381 comments Narrator of the Guardian or Vampire’s Bride ? Lol!
Haven’t read The Guardian - read a bunch of others.... some are definitely better than others!!

Ok Vampire’s Bride has a really good plot - i see lots of potential here! She runs away from danger... he is a vampire... she doesn’t know it..... he thinks she is sent by the dating agency....... BUT , it’s written in kind of a ...boring way! Im at the part where she just came to Nocturnal Falls and was picked up by the “hot ,older guy - driver/butler”.... And the town should be soooo interesting, but the way everything is described is like “meeh”... We will see... maybe I’m judging too harshly too fast :)

It better have some hot sex later on in thE book :))

Elena | 1381 comments did you start?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Yes! Sorry. I'm not very far yet. Just over an hour. And the accent complaint was for this narrator. Stanhill is supposed to have a British accent but the narrator's accent is a complete fail. He is horrible. He sounds more Australian than British.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments And what accent is Hugh supposed to have??

Elena | 1381 comments Hahahhaha yeah .... although the butler sounds kinda like Michael Cain as Batman’s butler. Haahahhahah

Elena | 1381 comments ok, what is going on here? Sooo, the premise is so good, but the author's writing is kinda boring! she is not making anything sound interesting ... everything is just like - ok yeah, yeah and this happened, yeah, and then this happened, and then this was resolved superquickly , ok yeah ... i'm just trotting along , hoping for some excitement ... and NO SEX! I mean - sex is implied but it's not on page.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Lame!

I'm a little bored with the story right now. Hopefully it'll pick up soon

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Idk why but I thought this was going to be a humorous book?

Elena | 1381 comments me too !! I thought it would be witty and funny....
and I think it is supposed to be, but it just didn't quite work out that way ...

I'm done ! Just finished.
Oh my ... it was just annoying by the end. Such great potential and then what the hell happened?!
The whole (view spoiler) was soooo anticlimactic! And the whole "i fell in love with a vampire after only a week" is ridiculous... Talk about insta-love... Also - fine, insta-love , but they are talking wedding and forever and turning her into a vampire after only a WEEK of knowing each other ! And the stupid grandmother - are you kidding me?! Fuck you and your "daylight" amulet, you old bat!

Ok , ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Finished. Boy, they really dragged out that ending didn't they?

I thought she was stupid af when she ran away from Hugh at the parade. Even though she knows guys are out to KILL HER yet she takes off away from all her protection just because her feelings were hurt. Unfuckingbelievable.

Elena | 1381 comments Haahahhah yah! Ok so i take it u didn’t love it either :)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Definitely not. Out of the 2 books I liked The Mane Event more. But that's not saying much

Elena | 1381 comments Lol! Ok, so i take it we will not be continuing with the series? Your call if you wanna give book2 of either a chance....

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments What do you think? Book 2 or keep looking for a better series?

Elena | 1381 comments For this one i would have preferred if book 2 was about one of his brothers (the one who is hopefully going to be reunited with his vampire wife) , not the town sheriff.... But who knows....

For Mane Event - i have book two on my computer, ready to go onto the ipod, but im not sure whose story it is (or whether it would be any different from the first book with the two identical stories).... Either way, i am ok to go on to the second in either series, and give it another chance.... or i could forget them both :)

I will let you decide :) haa!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Okay.... we'll try the second books. BUT if we don't like them we'll move on to something different

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Are you interested in something like The Raven Boys? Or are you strictly romance?

Elena | 1381 comments No , no , nit strictly romance. I’d be interested in Raven Boys! (As long as i can get an audio copy)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Let me know if you're able to find a copy :)

And if there are any other books you want to read just let me know

Elena | 1381 comments library has it, so i'm down with Raven Boys anytime you want.
I will let you know of my other ideas - i'm looking through my books now and hoping for a series ...but - nothing is jumping out at me.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Yay! We can start May with Raven boys. Hopefully it'll be good enough to continue the series.

I have so many books available to me but I'm just meh. I'm getting picky in my old age! Lol