What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Rules of Perspective
This topic is about The Rules of Perspective
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Set in WW2 in a museum/art gallery in Berlin [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gill | 18 comments The curator of the museum/art gallery and his staff are sheltering in the basement with the exhibits and paintings. It's set at the time the Americans were about to overrun Berlin. Part of the book is about the curator and staff and part of it concerns the soldiers. The front cover had a photo of an American soldier sitting on a window ledge, could be a contemporary image. It's been annoying me for ages that I can remember neither title nor author. Here's hoping someone out there knows!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Is this fiction or non-fiction? Literary or thriller? I'm assuming it's not a "someone's memoirs" type book if it's fiction, but rather is supposed to be taking place then? When did you read it?

Gill | 18 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Is this fiction or non-fiction? Literary or thriller? I'm assuming it's not a "someone's memoirs" type book if it's fiction, but rather is supposed to be taking place then? When did you read it?"

It's fiction and the action takes place in WW2. I read it in 2009/2010.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Bump.

Gill | 18 comments Thank you so much Ayshe this has made my day!! Obviously I got the location of the story wrong but it is a while since I read the book. Thanks again.

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 254 comments Wait - wasn't it the Russians who got to Berlin first?

Gill | 18 comments Yes, it was my mistake in misremembering where the book's action took place, Lohenfelde and not Berlin.

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 254 comments I see. Your description inspired me to add it to my to read list, but while I'm ok ok with fiction I can't read crazy inacuracies!

message 10: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4118 comments Happy to have helped :)