Christian Readers discussion

One Dark Night (The Dark Moon Series #1)
This topic is about One Dark Night
Promote Your Book > Anna Faversham - Escape to another time, another place, FREE on Kindle Unlimited and 0.99 until 4th May

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 120 comments One Dark Soul (The Dark Moon #3) by Anna Faversham
One Dark Soul

Journey into a dark, wounded heart.

By 1825 Lucy has escaped from poverty and found true love married to a good man. Knowing Lieutenant Karl Thorsen still feels a hopeless passion for her, Lucy tries to help him find happiness with Elizabeth, a feisty young American. Then a charming and talented artist comes into their lives. Intrigued by him, Lucy does not see the signs of impending tragedy stealing towards them. She ignores all warnings and pays a high price for her folly. Can she free herself from the chains she’s forged?

It's 99p/99c until 15th April. Or FREE on Kindle Unlimited. #3 in The Dark Moon Trilogy.

Also both One Dark Night #1 and Under a Dark Star #2 of The Dark Moon Series are in a Kindle Countdown Deal for 99p/c from 30th March.

The themes of these books are:

One Dark Night - the choices we make affect our future
Under a Dark Star - All that it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing
One Dark Soul - Redemption

Grab all three copies and enjoy!

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 120 comments A minute before midnight on 5th April will be the last chance to buy the three books in The Dark Moon Series for 0.99 each.

One Dark Night (The Dark Moon Trilogy #1) by Anna Faversham
Our choices determine our future. A romantic thriller mystery.
"Like Poldark."

Under a Dark Star (The Dark Moon Trilogy #2) by Anna Faversham
Follow Daniel and Karl into a dark world where all the conflict points to one cruel and ruthless man - the Dark Star.

One Dark Soul (The Dark Moon Trilogy #3) by Anna Faversham
Journey into one very dark, wounded heart. Lucy has survived hard times but by 1825 she finally has it all – until she makes a very bad decision.

Each is 0.99 until 5th April. Or, of course, they're FREE on Kindle Unlimited.

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 120 comments I have discovered that Under a Dark Star has become a finalist in the eFestival of Words held by Bards and Sages Publishing. I had never heard of it and, initially, I did not know who had nominated my book. After checking it out, I find it's an OK place to be!

I don’t have a vast army of Twitter or Facebook followers – I don’t even belong! If you would like to vote for Under a Dark Star (Best Historical Fiction) you can probably imagine how pleased I’d be :) The theme of the book is: All that it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

Here’s a link to the voting form:

https://bardsandsages.com/efestivalof...

Under a Dark Star (The Dark Moon Trilogy #2) by Anna Faversham

In 1823, on an island off the south coast of England, there are activities worse than smuggling and all the conflict points to one cruel and ruthless man. The women on the island call him the Dark Star.
Lieutenant Karl Thorsen enlists the help of his old enemy, reformed smuggler Daniel Tynton who infiltrates the gang to defeat the evil that brings poverty to ‘the diamond isle’. Karl, entranced by a mysterious French woman, rescues her from the captivity of the Dark Star. The Dark Star takes his revenge.
~
I haven't a hope of competing with those who have armies of followers but I'd like to get at least some votes!

Thank you to those who take the time to vote.

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 120 comments Feel-good, easy read stories:

One Stolen Kiss and other short stories

Deep in the World of the Dead (a soldier finds himself homeless)
Judge Not (a true story)
A Wonderful World (loneliness conquered)
One Stolen Kiss (an introduction to two characters in One Dark Night - where that love started)

Of course it is free if you have Kindle Unlimited, but it is also free if you haven't - just until 2nd September. Hurry! Then enjoy.

(By the way, Under a Dark Star won in the Best Historical Fiction category @ previous post)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 120 comments Happy Christmas to you all and here's some information about your WORLDWIDE free Christmas present:

One Stolen Kiss and other short stories by Anna Faversham A collection of five short stories:

★Deep in the World of the Dead – Former Army soldier, Ben, tries to settle into civilian life and moves to a new town to audition as a Big Band trumpet player. But when his housing arrangements fall through, he learns how easy it is to become homeless through no fault of his own. Dark clouds sometimes have a silver lining and none shine brighter than those with romance attached.
★Judge Not – You know what they say about assumptions. A holidaymaker in Italy makes the mistake of misjudging and is humbled when, at last, she discovers the truth. Love comes in different guises.
★Angela – Angels come in all shapes and sizes, and some of us have entertained them unaware. As the poet says, “God moves in a mysterious way”.
★A Wonderful World – The loss of a loved one can lead to loneliness, but new doors stand open.
★One Stolen Kiss – Set in 1814 England, this is a prelude to the Dark Moon Trilogy. Daniel, a key figure in the smuggling community, becomes aware of a young girl who will change his life.

FREE until 24th December Just click on the book cover and you'll be whizzed away to where you can pick it up.

Of course, it's always free if you have Kindle Unlimited.

There's more! From Christmas Day for 7 days
One Dark Night (The Dark Moon Series #1) by Anna Faversham
is 0.99 in the US and UK.

message 6: by Anna (last edited Mar 23, 2020 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 120 comments Hide in Time by Anna Faversham

It doesn't matter where you're from, you might be having to stay home or maybe your life has been turned upside down with this tricky Coronavirus. Well, here's something that might help with taking your mind off the troubles:

Amazon #1 Best Seller in Books>Romance>Time Travel
A time travel romance : Laura finds herself washed ashore from a shipwreck early in the 21st century - she'd stormed off from her betrothed in 1814 so she's somewhat confused as to how this could happen. She likes her new life but she realizes she has made a terrible mistake.

Meanwhile, Xandra even hates her name as well as all the other bothersome things of modern day life and Laura happens to notice this. Could she...? Yep, she could, and she does. Back goes Xandra to 1814 only to be met with suspicious travelling companions, a highwayman and a delicious man who is still mourning the death of the girl he loved.

How do these two cope with their puzzling new lives? And how does Laura manage not to upset the course of history despite her meddling? And oh boy can she meddle!

If you like a romance with a little bit of mystery, a touch of humour and something of the thriller, then please grab a copy and visit another time, another place.

And everyone's favourite character is the parson!

0.99 until 26th March or FREE on Kindle Unlimited

I don’t write children’s books so I’ve added this one for all ages from Carole P. Roman in case you are self-isolated and have children at home:

Oh Susannah It's in the Bag (Oh Susannah, #1) by Carole P. Roman

Oh Susannah: It's in the Bag

Join Susannah and her friends in this story sure to charm young readers everywhere.

"Once again Roman shows her versatility as a children's writer, With skill, she writes an entertaining as well as a comforting tale about what happens when you keep secrets and burdens hidden inside." - Patricia Lynn Dompieri, Lemon Bee & Other Peculiar Tales

It's got loads of good reviews and is even available as an audiobook.

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 120 comments One Dark Night (The Dark Moon Series #1) by Anna Faversham 0.99 until 4th May

A bargain book that's also free on Kindle Unlimited. Immerse yourself in another place, another time, and take your mind off the world's current problems.

It is 1821 and smuggling is rife on the English coast. Lucy Yorton, dragged away from her privileged early life, must slave on a bleak, run-down farm.

Then two men enter her life:-

Lieutenant Karl Thorsen, sworn to avenge the murder of his father, is a King's man. He is determined to hang the violent smugglers.

Daniel Tynton has smuggling in his blood. Undaunted by Thorsen's threats, he is respected and feared.

The choices we make determine our futures and Lucy is torn between two determined men as the secrets and lies undermining her life are exposed.

And if you've already read this one, then there's also books 2 and 3 in the Dark Moon Series:

Under a Dark Star (The Dark Moon Series #2) by Anna Faversham Take yourself on a journey into a dark world on the Isle of Wight.

and

One Dark Soul (The Dark Moon Series #3) by Anna Faversham What happens when a perfect life meets obsession?