Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

A Game of Thrones > Final Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riley (new)

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss any final throughts you have on A Game of Thrones. It is recommended that you finish the book before engaging with this thread, as to avoid spoilers!

message 2: by Belle (new)

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
I'm so glad that I participated in this read-along, because it made me realise that although something might seem daunting - if you just give it a try you might really like it. I really loved this book (five stars!), and I'm so excited to continue with the series.

I found the writing really easy to read and follow, and the characters were easy to place (although I think that might be because I'm so familiar with the TV series?), and that was one of my biggest concerns when picking up the book in the first place.

I have some established favourites, and some sworn enemies, and I'm fully invested in the story. Can't wait for book two!

I'm also considering going back and re-watching the TV series as we work through each book...

message 3: by Kira (new)

Kira (shelfloving) | 19 comments I was not able to keep up with the schedule, or finish the book in time, but I am thoroughly enjoying this read along! I will go back through the threads and make comments! I really enjoyed book one and I hope to stick to the schedule better for book 2.

I am loving to hate some of these characters! I am glad King Robert is gone and I LOATHE Sansa. Between these two characters they royally screwed over the Stark family in my opinion.

Cant wait to keep reading!