Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The List (The List, #1)
This topic is about The List
Archive (Buddy Reads) > April Buddy Read - The List (MountainKat, Fran)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments April Buddy Read

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments OK Fran! I looked at your PIFM shelf, not sure if there was another one, and we do both have Mastering Her Senses on our TBRs.

I am definitely open to other options though. If you want to look at my shelves, my to-read-asap shelf is my short list. Another option is my meet-n-greet-options shelf.

Looking forward to reading with you!

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments Hi Kat!

I checked out your preferred shelves......Wanderlust caught my eye. Any interest in that one? I’m also thinking of reading Hawk's Way: Adam and Runaway Groom in April. They just came in on my library ebook website. I’m also open to other options. I’m fine with Mastering Her Senses if you want to go with that one :)

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments PIFM possibilities and Yahtzee are my short lists for April -

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments I’m looking forward to reading with you too!!

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2018 10:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments I’m out today, but I’ll check your shelves later. I’d prefer Wanderlust over the Laura Kaye since it is in audio and those are easier for me. I’ll let you know if I find anything after I get home. 😃

message 7: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments OK Fran, checked out your shelves and The List is the only one that works for me. All of the others are further into a series I haven't started. Same goes for the books you have listed.

I would definitely narrow it down to Wanderlust or The List. Neither is too long, which I know you like, and both are in audio, which I like. Even better, both are part of the Romance Package at audible too!

message 8: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments I’m good with either one :)

message 9: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments Well, shoot - I was hoping you would decide... Coin flip? (There is an app for that!)

Heads - Wanderlust
Tails - The List

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments I got Tails, so that would be The List.

As long as that works for you, it works for me. =)

message 11: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments Great! The List it is :)

I’m excited to read this one with you Kat!

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments Me too! When do you want to read it? And how?

message 13: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments I’m away until April 6th. Can we read and talk about it after that? I won’t have my computer with me. It’s pretty short, do you just want to read the whole thing and then chat about it when we are both done?

message 14: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments I'm not as good with listening on the weekends, but since it is short, that should be still be ok. And I'm fine with reading and then discussing afterwards. If something catches your eye while we are reading, we can make a comment with spoiler tags and where it is in the book so we don't give anything away too. I'm not great about doing that, but you never know. =)

message 15: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments I meant to read it any time after April 6th. I get very little reading done on the weekend as well. Happy to start it around the 9th :)

message 16: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments Anytime works for me really. I'll plan on the 9th - that gives us the weekend to read our PtP books. Wouldn't it be great if this works for next week's theme?!

message 17: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments Are you good to start tomorrow? I have about 2 hours left in my current book, so I can easily start then. Let me know!

message 18: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments I’m ready! I have a bad cold and couldn’t sleep so I’ve already begun :)

message 19: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments Feel better, I'll get started in a bit! Feel free to comment if something moves you - with location and spoiler tags if necessary. =)

message 20: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Apr 17, 2018 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments Hi Kat!

I finished the book. It was cute and I enjoyed it for the most part. I really liked Cassie, and Simon was ok. I will put my thoughts in a spoiler tag for when you finish it :)

I don't usually like stories where the sex is very casual. Simon has not interest in anything more than a fun romp, and I usually like my guys fully into wanting a relationship from early on. It took him quite a while to decide he wanted to be serious with her. I'm more into the stalker, alpha, obsessed kind of guy, lol. I liked Cassie and I thought Fenske did a good job with her character. She has a knack for writing interesting people. Her sisters seemed kind of awful, and I'm glad she redeemed them in the end. I haven't read any Fenske where there was so much explicit sex before, and I don't think that's her forte. For some reason the way the sex was written didn't grab me as much as I would have liked. Overall a cute read - 3.5*

message 21: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Apr 10, 2018 09:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21385 comments I finished this afternoon/evening. I enjoyed it too. Simple and sweet.

I didn't have any issues with the casualness of their relationship - they were open with it up front, so that worked. And they agreed, it wasn't like she wanted more and that was all the only way she could have him. I thought Cassie was a great character as well, I really liked her. I did like Simon and Cassie together too, I liked how their relationship developed. Agree about the sisters and the sex. And I thought it was great how Junie was so completely accepted into the fold at the end. I would have liked more - something - in the end for Simon and Cassie. It was a HEA, but it sort of felt incomplete. Hopefully there is more in the second book, at least a little bit.

Overall, sweet story and a nice quick read. This wouldn't have been on my radar if it weren't on your list, so this worked out well for me. Thanks for reading it with me!

message 22: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11190 comments I totally agree with how nice Junie’s character was enveloped by Cassie and her family.

Thanks for reading it with me Kat!