2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
This topic is about The Surgeon
The Surgeon > Question H

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Rizzoli kills Pacheco, unloading her gun after he raises his hands in surrender. Did Thomas do the right thing in reporting this to Marquette (the lieutenant)? Was she wrong to ask him to lie?

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Yes I think Thomas did the right thing. I was actually disappointed in Rizzoli that she asked Thomas to lie.

I never thought he had any choice in the matter. What she did was wrong on several levels.

I could understand Rizzoli asking Moore not to say anything but asking him to lie and then getting angry with him for doing so told me a lot about her. She blamed everyone else all the time and this was the ultimate in that behavior. It wasn’t Moore’s fault that she had to ride a desk but she didn’t see it that way. Rizzoli scared me. Who wants that kind of cop running around with a gun?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Tracey wrote: "Yes I think Thomas did the right thing. I was actually disappointed in Rizzoli that she asked Thomas to lie."

Me too!

I don’t recall. If she had more than one gun, which most police do, that would explain it. She only had to hand over the gun she used to shoot Pacheco.