Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > April Buddy Reads- Michaele and JC

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments This looks great!

message 2: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments JC- when do you want to get started?

message 3: by Michaele (last edited Apr 05, 2018 05:27AM) (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments Monday is great! I am going to get it through audible.com, I think it's about $10.

Sorry you haven't been feeling good!

message 4: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments Still want to start tomorrow? Want to read (or listen) to 2 or 3 chapters a day and then discuss? Or something else?

message 5: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments Sounds perfect! I'll start tomorrow. Were you able to find the audio book?

message 6: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments I listened to the first three chapters. This author doesn't mess around! Though I'm not really liking the narrator.

I don't usually read menage books, so I am interested to see how the relationship between the three of them develops.

message 7: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments Oh, and I like that we get to see all three POVs.

message 8: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments I finished 4 more chapters (so to the end of chapter 7) I meant to stop at the end of chapter 6, but it was too much of a cliffhanger, so I kept going...

message 9: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments What do you think so far? Should I hold off on reading the next few chapters?

message 10: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments I'll hold off till tomorrow :)

message 11: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments Very true! But it is a hard book to put down (which is a good problem to have).

message 12: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments I just finished. Her sister was awful, but the book was great, definitely hard to put down :)

Want to start book 2 tomorrow?

message 13: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments I started the book- and finished chapter four before I remembered to stop.

It's good so far- it doesn't jump in quite as fast as the last one (if that makes sense), but it's starting to heat up.

message 14: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments I finished chapter 11, what do you think so far?

message 15: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments sounds good

message 16: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments I finished!

I didn't like it as much as the first. I think the problem was the narrator more than anything else - she was very matter-of-fact, not a lot of inflection or emotion. She also used the same voice for both guys, which was confusing. It was the same narrator for the first book, but this one seemed worse.

message 17: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4198 comments Of course! I enjoyed the read overall- it just wasn't spectacular :)