YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Shadow Throne (Ascendance, #3)
This topic is about The Shadow Throne
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy #3) by Jennifer A. Nielsen Starting April 6th!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments "One war. Too many deadly battles. Can a king save his kingdom when his own survival seems unlikely?

War has come to Carthya. It knocks at every door and window in the land. And when Jaron learns that King Vargan of Avenia has kidnapped Imogen in a plot to bring Carthya to its knees, Jaron knows it is up to him to embark on a daring rescue mission. But everything that can go wrong does.

His friends are flung far and wide across Carthya and its neighbouring lands. In a last-ditch effort to stave off what looks to be a devastating loss for the kingdom, Jaron undertakes what may be his last journey to save everything and everyone he loves. But even with his lightning-quick wit, Jaron cannot forestall the terrible danger that descends on him and his country. Along the way, will he lose what matters most? And in the end, who will sit on Carthya's throne?"

Feel free to join this BR!

Andy | 14315 comments Guysssssss I'm gonna have to do this too omg

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Getting excited for thisssss. So interested to see how the series concludes!

And would love for you to join us Andrea c:

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch4 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch9 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch18 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch34 (view spoiler)

Andy | 14315 comments I'm going to try to start next week :D

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Brilliant! I look forward to reading your comments c:

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch37 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

message 12: by Nicole's Book Diaries (last edited Apr 11, 2018 10:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments I’m late I’m sorry. I’ve been super busy but I hope you guys liked it.

Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

Chapter 25 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Natalie wrote: "Ch37 [spoilers removed]"

I also predicted that she was still alive. It's too bad that she wasn't as present in this book than in the other books. I like that we saw more of Amarinda but I wanted to see more of Imogen in this book.

message 15: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Natalie wrote: "Ch4 [spoilers removed].."

When do things ever go as planned for him? XD

message 16: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Ch. 8 (view spoiler)

message 17: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Ch. 20 (view spoiler)

message 18: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Natalie wrote: "Ch18 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Ch. 31 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Andrea wrote: "Ch. 31 [spoilers removed]"

That scene with Fink was amazing XD

message 21: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Natalie wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Ch. 31 [spoilers removed]"

That scene with Fink was amazing XD"

But so scary lol. I have a fear of heights so there's no way I could've done that

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Oh jeez, yeah there's no way I could do that either ._. Heights I am *technically* okay with, but only in situations where there is a minuscule chance I will fall to me death :P

For example: Plane? Fine. Balcony with low railing? Not so fine.

;D

message 23: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Natalie wrote: "Oh jeez, yeah there's no way I could do that either ._. Heights I am *technically* okay with, but only in situations where there is a minuscule chance I will fall to me death :P

For example: Plan..."

I totally get that

message 24: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

message 25: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14315 comments Natalie wrote: "Finished! [spoilers removed]..."

(view spoiler)