Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Bonnie Louise Kuchler
This topic is about Bonnie Louise Kuchler
Questions > Link author's married name to former name?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Kuchler (bonnie_louise_gillis) | 17 comments Hi. I recently married and changed my last name. This month my publisher released the first book under my married name. Is there a way to cross-link my books so that whichever name a reader searches for they see a list of all books under either of my author names?
Old name: BONNIE LOUISE KUCHLER
New name: BONNIE LOUISE GILLIS

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42001 comments Mod
Added Bonnie Louise Kuchler as secondary author on the book published under Bonnie Louise Gillis. Also added link to the Bonnie Louise Kuchler profile to the Bonnie Louise Gillis one.

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Kuchler (bonnie_louise_gillis) | 17 comments Thank you, Rivka :)

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Kuchler (bonnie_louise_gillis) | 17 comments Hi. I'm adding my newly released book, which was published under my married name Bonnie Louise Gillis. I noticed that when I pull up my old name Bonnie Louise Kuchler, where my first 26 books (including my best sellers) are listed, there is nothing on Goodreads that shows readers my recent books. Can this please be fixed? Or can you merge the two profiles? Thanks for your help!

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Bonnie,
there is only one book on Bonnie Louise Gillis profile and it's already linked to your claimed profile:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 6: by Emily (last edited Apr 02, 2019 12:57PM) (new)

Emily | 13166 comments On your Goodreads Author profile with your old name, only the first ten show up on the first page. When you click on "28 distinct works" you can see the whole list here:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...
It shows 2 books under your married name.
If there are more books we can add them. I added a cover to your Lavender book.

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Kuchler (bonnie_louise_gillis) | 17 comments Thank you Olivia & Emily. Good to understand now how that works. Not sure why the cover didn't add when I added the lavender book. Perhaps my uploaded image was too large. Thanks again!