Year-long NaNo discussion

10 views
R.A. Rooney > The Man on the Run/The Man in the Midst-WIP

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments I started writing this a long time ago! I can't even remember when! :D Anyway, it's a mystery, and if I get around to finish it, it'll turn out to be a great book! :D

I've decided to get back to writing it. Right now, I'm reading through what I've already written so i can fix punctuation - I started writing it when I didn't know much about all that stuff! ;)

Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

I'm going to have two parts. The first part is currently over 150 pages!

About the book? Well, it's a mystery! That's about it or I'll spoil everything!


message 2: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Wow, I actually have fifteen chapters in this book! :D Why did I stop! *doesn't understand myself*

OVER 35,000 words too! :D


message 3: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Pg. 135 - this is a very interesting story! :D


message 4: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Wow! I can't believe I stopped at that spot ... right in the middle of scene and chapter! :D

Well, those fifteen chapters were good - now time to write more!


message 5: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments I always love finding out that I'd written more in a WIP that I had previously (the reasons unbeknownst to my present self) dropped. I especially love it when that draft is better than I'd thought it would be! Best of luck!


message 6: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Yes!! It's great! :)


message 7: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Words written today: 909

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
He bent down close to Clint, their faces only inches apart from each others. “This is the last you're getting until you give us the information we want, ya hear me?” He grabbed the front of Clint's shirt, shaking him. “This is your last chance, even though I've already given you way too many.” He let him fall on the floor again.


message 8: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments R.A. wrote: "Words written today: 909

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
He bent down close to Clint, their faces only inches apart from each others. “This is the last you're getting until you give us the informati..."


Great work! It's a little weird reading about Clint getting roughed up since my heroine's brother is named Clint ;P But all the same, interesting excerpt!


message 9: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Words written today: 909

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
He bent down close to Clint, their faces only inches apart from each others. “This is the last you're getting until you give us ..."


Hahaha!! :D That's neat though! Thanks ... you're probably wondering what's going on though! :D


message 10: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Words written today: 909

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
He bent down close to Clint, their faces only inches apart from each others. “This is the last you're getting unti..."


Yeah, I'm pretty curious.


message 11: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Words written today: 909

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
He bent down close to Clint, their faces only inches apart from each others. “This is the last you're..."


*grins and wiggles eyebrows* Spoilers, you know... :P


message 12: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Words written today: 909

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
He bent down close to Clint, their faces only inches apart from each others. “This is t..."


But of course ;P


message 13: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Words written today: 909

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
He bent down close to Clint, their faces only inches apart from each other..."


Really, I would tell you, but it would ruin the story! :D:D It's also in Chapter Sixteen .... ;)


message 14: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Word written today: 1,697

Excerpt from Chapter Sixteen:
“Lord,” he whispered, “if you're someone that helps people—anyone—help me.” His voice faded off and he relaxed his taunt shoulders. “I don't know what to do anymore. Release this weight burdening me and get me out of this situation. I can do nothing … anymore. Just set me free.” He took in a labored breath. “Please.”

I'm at chapter seventeen now and on the last scene of Part One!! :)


message 15: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Well, would you believe it if I said I'm making two books instead of two parts?! And I'm also changing the title name/s? :D


message 16: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments How fun! A series! What are you changing the titles to?


message 17: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "How fun! A series! What are you changing the titles to?"

Yes!!! ;) Well, they're still sort of pending, but these are what I have right now:
"Entwined Lives" and "The Man in the Midst!"


message 18: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "How fun! A series! What are you changing the titles to?"

Yes!!! ;) Well, they're still sort of pending, but these are what I have right now:
"Entwined Lives" and "The Man in the Midst!""


Ooh, I like them! Especially the Man in the Midst :)


message 19: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "How fun! A series! What are you changing the titles to?"

Yes!!! ;) Well, they're still sort of pending, but these are what I have right now:
"Entwined Lives" and "The Ma..."


Thanks!!!! :D I think I'm going to do "The Man on the Run" for the first book's title instead of "Entwined Lives!" :)


message 20: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "How fun! A series! What are you changing the titles to?"

Yes!!! ;) Well, they're still sort of pending, but these are what I have right now:
"Entwined Live..."


Definitely fits better!


message 21: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "Nicki wrote: "How fun! A series! What are you changing the titles to?"

Yes!!! ;) Well, they're still sort of pending, but these are what I have right now:
"..."


Yes!! :D


message 22: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW MY COVERS! *grins* I love them! :D


message 23: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments R.A. wrote: "I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW MY COVERS! *grins* I love them! :D"

Ooh, when do you think you'll be showing them?


message 24: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: "I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW MY COVERS! *grins* I love them! :D"

Ooh, when do you think you'll be showing them?"


I don't know...maybe after I figure out my series name!! :D Do you think I should put both covers on this thread, or go ahead and make the books on Goodreads?


message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) are you planning on publishing the stories, R.A? They sound really cool!


message 26: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) If it were me, I would just put the covers in the thread (then again, when I start a new story, I never know if it even reaches completion, never mind publishing...)


message 27: by R.A. (last edited Apr 01, 2018 12:36PM) (new)

R.A. | 313 comments I'm planning not to at the moment...maybe someday! ;)

Okay, I shall do that then!


message 28: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments "The Man on the Run" is finished!!!! :D

Words: 39,345
Chapters: 17
Pages: 174


message 29: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments R.A. wrote: ""The Man on the Run" is finished!!!! :D

Words: 39,345
Chapters: 17
Pages: 174"


Yay! That's fantastic! I could never finish a book that quickly :P


message 30: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) Congrats, R.A.!!!!!


message 31: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Catherine wrote: "Congrats, R.A.!!!!!"

Nicki wrote: "R.A. wrote: ""The Man on the Run" is finished!!!! :D

Words: 39,345
Chapters: 17
Pages: 174"

Yay! That's fantastic! I could never finish a book that quickly :P"


THanks!!!!! :) It actually took me quite a while to finish ... I started it a couple years ago!


message 32: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments I put "The Man on the Run" on Goodreads! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...


message 33: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Okay, cover time!!!! :D I figured out the series name, so here's the cover for book 1 ;)




message 34: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments And book 2:




message 35: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) oh wow!!! I love both of them!!


message 36: by R.A. (last edited Apr 04, 2018 06:25AM) (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Thanks!!!! :) Me too! Pixabay.com is pretty great! :D


message 37: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) yes, it is :). I use that site a lot for my blog pictures.


message 38: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments It looks fantastic, Rosalyn! I especially like the second one! :D


message 39: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Catherine wrote: "yes, it is :). I use that site a lot for my blog pictures."

Nice!! :D


message 40: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Nicki wrote: "It looks fantastic, Rosalyn! I especially like the second one! :D"

Thanks!!!!! :) Yep!! :D


message 41: by Lena, Mage (new)

Lena (lenakarynn) | 1268 comments Mod
Love the covers!! How exciting!


message 42: by R.A. (new)

R.A. | 313 comments Lena wrote: "Love the covers!! How exciting!"

Thank you!


back to top