World, Writing, Wealth discussion

The Lounge: Chat. Relax. Unwind. > When's the last time you had fun?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments It's hard to define the word, but we all know when we're having it. When's the last time you had fun?

message 2: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin I have fun all the time: when writing is inspired, as I cook (and then eat) a nice recipe, watching my favorite TV shows, etc.. Life is made of numerous small moments that define how nice...or bad, it is. If you wait only for the big fun moment, then your life will be pretty boring. As a general rule, fun comes in many small moments, while sadness/pain usually comes more rarely but in big doses at once.

message 3: by Jeannine (new)

Jeannine Harris | 27 comments The last time I had good fun was at my dad’s 62nd birthday party which was about 3 weeks ago. It took alcohol, music, family and friends. But Michel you have a point, fun can be found in many moments... or should be found. You always find what you look for.

message 4: by Tree (new)

Tree District (treedistbooks) | 4 comments The last time I had fun (the kind where days later you are still thinking back to it) was the weekend before last. We were able to have a fire in the fire pit for the first time this year and had a couple friends over for hot dogs and s'mores. Very simple but it was one of those nights where you truly felt connected to people, no one using their phones. Everyone just sitting around the fire chatting. It was great!

message 5: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13512 comments Last night was fun - my sun boiler tank started leaking at 4-30 AM with large quantities of water dripping down through air-conditioning ductwork. If you haven't tried it, you can spare yourself the pleasure

message 6: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments Sorry, Nik.

message 7: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13512 comments Scout wrote: "Sorry, Nik."

S..t happens, no problem -:)

message 8: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments I am currently having fun. I'm at Swancon, the 2018 Australian National Speculative Fiction Convention. Have been to many diverse panels, a writing workshop (Glenda Larke!) and even a tea drinking workshop 😊😊😊

message 9: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments Oh, I can tell you had fun :-)

Long story, but I had a little fun today of the "I got you, stinky bastard" variety. I had left two messages for a city official, and he hadn't returned my calls. I contacted the mayor's office and, within the hour, the guy called me back and had to explain himself. Fun for me :-)

message 10: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments I did!

And I just imagined you sniggering to yourself during that call back!

message 11: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments :-) I also had fun today just sitting outside with friends and talking. Simple pleasures.

message 12: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments Just thinking - do you guys think there's a connection between dollars spent and fun had?

message 13: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments I think fun can be had anywhere, anytime, and for any cost, or lack thereof.

Fun can be a good laugh with friends, or it could be something pricey.

Cheap fun is wholesome, and reminds us how little material wealth we really need.

message 14: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13512 comments Thought Ms SIA would want to contribute to this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYh-n...

If you a have a cheap beer or the finest single malt, the effect may be exactly the same, it's the aftereffect that differs -:)

message 15: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments Cool video, dancing, and cheap thrills. Who needs money to have a good time?

message 16: by Marie (new)

Marie | 562 comments I went to the beach last week with family and we took a picnic lunch. That was fun as we stayed all day. :)

message 17: by Graeme (last edited May 17, 2018 05:11PM) (new)

Graeme Rodaughan About 5 minutes ago. No, I'm wrong, actually having fun right now.

message 18: by Marie (new)

Marie | 562 comments Graeme wrote: "About 5 minutes ago. No, I'm wrong, actually having fun right now."

If you are knee deep in the Day Guard then I know you are having fun! lol :)

message 19: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hi Marie, I typically write during the evenings. 5pm to 8pm is 3am to 6pm on the east coast of the US.

And yes - I'm loving it. Getting right into Chapter 3 of 10 now.

message 20: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Mainor | 2146 comments Scout wrote: "Just thinking - do you guys think there's a connection between dollars spent and fun had?"

Nope...I'm with you on having fun when I get to sit outside and fire up the grill...We've got days of on-off rain showers, and while I got enough of a break last night, I was not so lucky tonight. Grrr.

message 21: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 152 comments Three times a week when I play tennis!

message 22: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments I was thinking today about the last time I went to the coast - the Gulf of Mexico, about 90 minutes from here. A friend of mine had won a raffle for a 3-day stay at a house in St. Theresa, and he gave it to me. I took my dog and a friend and had a great time just walking on the beach, watching my dog run in the surf, talking with my friend on the porch, and eating seafood in Apalachicola.

message 23: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Sounds wonderful Scout.

message 24: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments :-) I plan to have some more of that this summer. I also had fun Sunday when my son brought over his Blue Heeler puppy. Puppies are fun.

message 25: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13512 comments I guess being at the stadium just meters away to see Bale's bicycle kick in Champion's league final qualifies

message 26: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments I have no idea what that means, but I'm glad you had fun.

I had fun tonight, my birthday night, when my neighbor and I got drunk on good wine and talked about everything. My goal for this year is finding some good, home-grown pot that we can share.

message 27: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13512 comments Happy birthday and good luck with your search, Scout!-:)

message 28: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 5351 comments Ha! It's been so many years since I smoked pot, but I just have this urge to do it again. Thanks for the happy birthday!