Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Don't Let Go
This topic is about Don't Let Go
Buddy Read: DON'T LET GO

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments So looking forward to this awesome read!!

Teresa | 606 comments Count me in.

message 3: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments When are you starting this one?

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments WooHoo!! Will it be okay if we start this one on Sunday or Monday?

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments It's just that we have the Willing Captive buddy read starting tonight too :) so Tracy and I want to participate in this one but we'll need at least till then to be ready for this one LOL!

message 6: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments Works for me:) I'm reading Legend and maybe will move on to the sequels. I keep starting books and think I will finish them, so I add them to my currently reading list but then I quit reading it because I'm just not into it. My currently reading list is very long LOL

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Hahaha! Oh Sara :) I hear you though, it's hard when we have so many books waiting for us to read them that if one's not keeping our interest then we easily drop it and start another one.

message 8: by Belkis (last edited Jul 25, 2014 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments So then great, we're on for Monday to start this one then if it's okay with everyone :)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I'm going to attempt this but I'm a little burned out on comtemp romance.

message 10: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn I couldn't wait and started it on Saturday .... and finished it on Saturday! Loved it :)

Lynn wrote: "I couldn't wait and started it on Saturday .... and finished it on Saturday! Loved it :)"

That's encouraging Lynn.

message 12: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments I'm going to start it tonight, I think. Belkis might be behind a little.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Oh that's awesome to hear Lynn :D so we'll probably love it too!!

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I plan on starting this tonight too when I get home from work. I'm crossing my fingers that my daughter lets me have some me time tonight so I can read a little LOL!

Teresa | 606 comments I started it today. Not that far in yet, hopefully I'll have some more reading time tomorrow.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I started it a little while ago and already enjoying it a lot. I like the style of writing and the main character. I can tell this is going to be a good one :)

message 17: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments Oh shucks! I may start tomorrow because I am enthralled in another book and keep getting distracted by Bejeweled.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Hahaha! That's okay Sara :) it happens. Hopefully you'll be able to finish the ones you're reading and start this one so we can have fun talking about it.

I have just started it to. Hope its funny also.

message 20: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments I'll get to it. The problem is bejeweled and my books are on the same device LOL

message 21: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin (readermom4) | 4936 comments Mod
GAH! Didn't realize it was starting already so I'm already behind! I'll try to pick it up tomorrow!

message 22: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments Ok I started it and got a few chapters in. 26 years is a dang long time! And what an awkward reunion.

Don't worry Erin. I'm still at the beginning.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Me too Erin so no worries :)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments OMG! Can we just take a minute here?!? 26 years???!! My heart broke for them already :'( and I was only on chapter 2!

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Loving it so far though. I can't even imagine what they must go through on a daily basis. The way the month of January guts Jules :'(

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments WTH?!! Is anyone else at or past chapter 4 yet? If so, can we have a WTH?! moment here?? Seriously?? Oh Jules :(

message 28: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Well yes, I finished it at the weekend so I can discuss .... but can't think what chapter 4 is. Do spoiler things and I will discuss with you :)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Okay Lynn so (view spoiler) I mean, I don't think it was done with forethought or purposefully, but still UGH! I swear my heart bled in that moment....

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sara wrote: "Ok I started it and got a few chapters in. 26 years is a dang long time! And what an awkward reunion."

Right?!! OMG Sara, how devastating for them.

message 31: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Ah yes, pretty full on right from the start.

But ya know, be warned ..... there is way more that the characters have to cope with!

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Yeah, for sure. Such a loaded story......

message 33: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments I'm only to chapter 3, but the diner was painful. Blindsided with him and a fiancé and the overexcited father.

message 34: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments Since it's called Don't Let Go I am counting on a happy ending.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments You and me both Sara :D you KNOW how much I need my HEA LOL!

Its awkward running into anyone you had feelings for no matter how strong the feelings or how long its been. Its the knowing that it belonged to you at one time and now it doesn't. Deep down we are all possessive of what we considered ours and that's conflicting in our subconscious minds.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Oh yeah Tracy and here is just about as HUGE a bag of feeling and issues as we can get. Talk about a tangled mess. Poor people.

Teresa | 606 comments Sara wrote: "I'm only to chapter 3, but the diner was painful. Blindsided with him and a fiancé and the overexcited father."

I think I'm about where you are. I'm already feeling for the MC. But I have my fingers crossed like you and Belkis for a happt ending.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I think we're all pushing for them both Teresa. Hoping that they will eventually get some happiness, poor people..

message 40: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments Her mom sounds amazing.

message 41: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments I find it kinda funny that we automatically want these two back together after 26 years. We don't care how wonderful this new fiancé may be or what will happen to her. We just want these lovers back together NOW.

Teresa | 606 comments Got home from work and couldn't put it down until I just finished it a few minutes ago. Loved it.

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 2351 comments Oh Belkis, you know I wouldn't rave if this didn't have an HEA. I need it too. But yeah, after 26 years...they HAVE to be together. And the sparks are still there ten fold. *sigh*

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Annie wrote: "Oh Belkis, you know I wouldn't rave if this didn't have an HEA. I need it too. But yeah, after 26 years...they HAVE to be together. And the sparks are still there ten fold. *sigh*"

I know Annie :) I can't wait to finish it!!! Thanks for finding and recommending it darling. Loving it so far.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Teresa wrote: "Got home from work and couldn't put it down until I just finished it a few minutes ago. Loved it."

Oh Teresa I'm so happy you loved it too!!

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sara wrote: "I find it kinda funny that we automatically want these two back together after 26 years. We don't care how wonderful this new fiancé may be or what will happen to her. We just want these lovers bac..."

I know Sara LOL! We're terrible hahahaha!

I am terribly behind on this. I don't want to be crying in front of everyone so I haven't had much time or opportunity to read.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I'm at 35% of book, on chapter 10, so about a third in. Haven't been able to get much reading time :( and I SO DESPERATELY want to read this! But my kid is home and wants all of my free time (and even my not free time!) *sigh* so yeah. Anyway, OMG! The girls night out?! The intensity. The crazies LOL! The feels! Loving it. And I really really like Hayden and Shayna. Life sucks that way though. The fact that so many nice people get hurt inadvertently because they get caught in the middle of a situation that's out of their control. Great story.

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments And let's talk about Noah's crazy dad LOL! With the incessant banging of his cane against the wall just to annoy Jules hahahaha! And then he just blatantly and purposefully ignores her! Hilarious! I can't wait for them to have it out cause Jules is pretty pissed and I think she's going to blow soon instead of continuing to ignore it :D

message 50: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara | 1037 comments Belkis wrote: "And let's talk about Noah's crazy dad LOL! With the incessant banging of his cane against the wall just to annoy Jules hahahaha! And then he just blatantly and purposefully ignores her! Hilarious! ..."

They have it out a bit soon and it's not pretty. He is mean. I must be a bit farther than you.

« previous 1 3