YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Between the Blade and the Heart (Valkyrie, #1)
This topic is about Between the Blade and the Heart
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Between the Blade and the Heart (Valkyrie #1) by Amanda Hocking - Starting April 2nd 2018

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22640 comments Mod
Between the Blade and the Heart is the first book in a brilliant new young adult fantasy duology inspired by Norse mythology by New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking.

As one of Odin's Valkyries, Malin's greatest responsibility is to slay immortals and return them to the underworld. The balance of the world rests on her ability to carry out orders. But when Malin discovers that her mother spared the life of an immortal who was destined to die, her world is thrown into chaos.

As Malin wrestles with the knowledge that her mother might not be who she thought, she’s also thrust into the path of a gorgeous blue-eyed guy named Asher who needs her help slaying the rogue immortal who destroyed his family. Malin, along with her best friend and her ex-girlfriend, must decide where her loyalties lie...and whether helping Asher enact his revenge is worth the risk—to the world and to her heart.

Kelly | 1373 comments Hi BookBuyer, this is my first BR of the month so I’m going to start reading now. Hope you don’t mind !

Kelly wrote: "Hi BookBuyer, this is my first BR of the month so I’m going to start reading now. Hope you don’t mind !"

Nope. NP. I have a BR for today so I won't be starting till the 2nd. :)

message 4: by Kelly (last edited Apr 01, 2018 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly | 1373 comments I’ve read 13 chapters and I’m liking it! Here are my thoughts so far:

Chap 2 - (view spoiler)

Chap 10 - Well, the first meeting with Asher was pretty interesting. ^^ (view spoiler) I’m intrigued now. (view spoiler)

Chap 11 - (view spoiler)

Chap 12 - (view spoiler)

Chap 12 - (view spoiler)

Chap 13 - (view spoiler)

The world is so inventive. I’ve never read something similar (the animals, the food, the different immortals, etc.) And the classes she has to take seem cooler than mine ;). Divinity and Immortality? Yes, please.

Kelly | 1373 comments Chap 14 - (view spoiler)

Chap 17 - (view spoiler)

Chap 18 - (view spoiler)

Chap 19 - (view spoiler)

Chap 20 - (view spoiler)

Chap 21 - (view spoiler)

Chap 23- (view spoiler)

Chap 24 - (view spoiler)

Chap 27- (view spoiler)

Chap 31 - (view spoiler)

Chap 36 - (view spoiler)

I’m 66% in the book and it’s 2 am now so I’m going to finish reading tomorrow morning! If I’m making too many comments feel free to shut me up or not read them all ^^.

message 6: by Kelly (last edited Apr 02, 2018 03:28AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly | 1373 comments Chap 40 - (view spoiler)

Chap 48 - (view spoiler)

Chap 53 - (view spoiler)

Chap 54 - (view spoiler)

Chap 57 - (view spoiler)

Chap 60 - (view spoiler)

So I finished this book and I can say I enjoyed reading it, especially the beginning and the middle. However, I’m not sure how to feel about the ending yet… but I might read the next book when it’ll come out. I hope you’ll like it Bookbuyer.

Kelly wrote: "Chap 40 - [spoilers removed]

Chap 48 - [spoilers removed]

Chap 53 - [spoilers removed]

Chap 54 - [spoilers removed]

Chap 57 - [spoilers removed]

Chap 60 - [spoilers removed]

So I finished thi..."

Thanks. Me too. I'm going to be starting this sometime this afternoon. :)