2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Lea's 10-book-challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea (leaplansandreads) I plan on reading at least 10 books in 2018 and already finished two.
As I've got a lot to do with university I didn't want to presure myself into reading more than I am able to.
I also want to read at least 2-5 books in english as I usually read the german translations.

I already read these books:
Schwarzer Mond über Soho
Silber: Das zweite Buch der Träume

I am currently reading/listening to:
Silber: Das dritte Buch der Träume
Das Dschungelbuch
Opal - Schattenglanz

I want to start reading these books soon:
The Girl Who Drank the Moon
The Heart Forger

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with the remaining of your goal Lea & happy reading! Looks like you’re off to a great start!

message 3: by Lea (new)

Lea (leaplansandreads) Susy wrote: "Wishing you the best of luck with the remaining of your goal Lea & happy reading! Looks like you’re off to a great start!"

thank you! Yes, I think I am although exams are putting me off a little at the moment. I hope to start reading again on wednesday.

message 4: by Leona (new)

Leona (mnleona) | 111 comments I have been there. You will do fine. Good luck on your studies.
Leona

message 5: by Lea (new)

Lea (leaplansandreads) Leona wrote: "I have been there. You will do fine. Good luck on your studies.
Leona"

thanks! :)

message 6: by Lea (new)

Lea (leaplansandreads) I finished my third book of 2018 two days ago and I'm now 1 book ahead of schedule!

Silber: Das dritte Buch der Träume

I really loved it although book 1 and 2 were better and I wasn't quite content with the (abrupt) ending of the trilogy. Still the characters were as awesome as in Kerstin Gier's previous Precious Stone Trilogy. Every character had it's purpose and their interaction was realistic and very funny. As I usually read books (and watch tv shows) because of the characters I enjoyed this book very much despite the problems I had with the plot.

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Lea wrote: "I finished my third book of 2018 two days ago and I'm now 1 book ahead of schedule! ..."

Nice going Lea!

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 9: by Lea (last edited Apr 16, 2018 10:59AM) (new)

Lea (leaplansandreads) Blagica wrote: "A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads."

It already brought me one and it was The Girl Who Drank the Moon. This book was my first english read this year and I absolutely loved it!

I also finally finished the audiobook of Opal - Schattenglanz. I listened to it since September 2017 and had such a hard time with the story and how the characters changed compared to the first two books that I decided not to continue the series. This book was 2/5 stars for me.

Now I'm still listening to Das Dschungelbuch and I started reading Der Erwählte just today to hopefully finish the Selection-series this month.

English Editions of the books in order:
Opal
The Jungle Book
The One

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!