2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Touch of Red (Tracers, #12)
This topic is about Touch of Red
Touch of Red > Question F

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
Brooke goes beyond her role as a crime scene tech and spends time investigating the case herself. Did she go too far sometimes or was she in the end critical to resolving the murder? Any TSTL (Too Stupid to Live) moments?

Laura | 383 comments She was valuable in giving them Cameron but after that I thought she went too far, and she became a distraction to Sean. He was too worried about her to focus at times I thought. She was too invested in Cameron that she lost her professionalism. The grand finale when she got out of her car and got herself kidnapped was a TSTL moment. She could have called with the location and watched from afar.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Laura, I think you summed it up very well. I was glad that she figured out who the boy in the pantry was, but the fact that his bike had been paint scraped was a big STOP sign for me.

She crossed into TSTL territory more than a couple of times.

Laura | 383 comments Charlene wrote: "Laura, I think you summed it up very well. I was glad that she figured out who the boy in the pantry was, but the fact that his bike had been paint scraped was a big STOP sign for me.

She crossed..."

I know in her mind she thought she was helping but she didn't respect the "rules" in detective work , that they need warrants, probable cause etc. She has meticulous guidelines to follow in her job, but she thought they could go off half cocked in theirs.

You both summed up my feelings exactly. Laura your point about the rules in her job being respected but not those of the detectives is dead on. I wanted to throttle her. She disrespected their roles and had too many TSTL moments that put the kid and his mother at risk. I’m not sure she’s learned her lesson.

Laura | 383 comments I don't think she learned her lesson either. She seemed like she had the I told you so attitude.

That was my sense, too.