Christian Speculative Fiction discussion

Book Promotions > Is it acceptable to ...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Carney (michaelcarney) | 2 comments Dear Moderators

Is it acceptable to offer free (Kindle) copies to members of this group? I have a reasonable number of Kindle coupon codes for one of my books, as a result of my over-zealous expectations for my first Amazon advertising campaign.

Yes, the book is Christian speculative fiction.

No, there are no reciprocal expectations of any sort -- I just thought members of this group might enjoy my book.

But I don't want to break any rules so I'm asking first.

Cheers
Michael

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin Coogle | 91 comments I think it'd be fine so long as it's in the book promotion sections. But we'll see what the moderators think. Ideally we'd want you to engage with the community in addition to any promotion you do. A 1 time promotional post and then disappearing doesn't look too great

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Carney (michaelcarney) | 2 comments Thanks, Justin. And sure, I appreciate the need to actually contribute to the group, no flybys.

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Michael! I do agree with Justin about just making sure it is in the book promotion section. We have lots of authors who are part of this group and we do want to support each other! Do join in the discussions since that is the best way to get the most benefit from the group.