What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Calico
This topic is about Calico
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Depressed Heroine Who Returns to Hometown for Her Abusive Father's Funeral. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ive (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ive Lala (ivelala) | 6 comments The plot of this story is a woman was has just been notified her father has died, apparently murdered on the very same bridge her mother had commited suicide when she was just a kid. As soon as she turned 18, she had run from her hometown to escape her father's abuse. He used to beat her and lock her in their basement, he was very strict about her not having any contact with any boys, especially with the boy next door. The boy next door though, likes her and at school they become friends, and soon they become girlfriend and boyfriend. She was a very talented art student and she was invited to present her art at a museum i believe. This was suppose to be a field trip her, her boyfriend, and her friends were going to go to together along with her class. But unfortunately she fell pregnant and her father found out. He prevented her from going on the trip. Her boyfriend never knew she was pregnant. He never saw her after a while, because her father had locked her up in the basement. Well fast forward to her father dying- the hero is now a successful playboy photographer for National Geographic. He has received the news and decides to return home just to see her. He resents her because he doesn't know the whole truth, just that she disappeared. When he returns, even though they both resent each other, they still seem to find each other in each others' arms. Secrets and truths are told. And the plot continues...

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
When did you read it? We always need to know this.

message 3: by Ive (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ive Lala (ivelala) | 6 comments I read it around summer of 2016 i believe

message 4: by Ive (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ive Lala (ivelala) | 6 comments I think the book was published in 2012 or 2014 but I'm not sure

message 5: by Kym (new)

message 6: by Ive (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ive Lala (ivelala) | 6 comments Yes!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!❤️❤️❤️

message 7: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You’re welcome Ive.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Calico (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Callie Hart (other topics)