Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Incorrect information on Amazon...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Lenahan (sklenahan) | 2 comments On the Amazon page for The Astonishing Mistakes of Dahlia Moss ISBN 9780316386012 it lists the number of pages as 336 and this information was transferred over to GR when the book entry was created. Holding the book in my hand I know for fact that the story ends on page 312 and the included sneak peek of The Shambling Guide to New York City ends on page 322.

I have reported the incorrect product information to Amazon but am uncertain if changing the page number on GR's prior to the Amazon correction being made is allowed/recommended.

I have verified that the book I am currently reading is the correct book listed on Amazon-it is. The LOC Pub data shows that it has only been printed one format with only one edition to date and the ISBN-13 also match.

Thanks,
Sandy

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments If you've got the book in hand and you're sure 312 includes all the things the Goodreads librarian manual says it should for page numbering, then change it and leave a note that Amazon and WorldCat are wrong.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43526 comments Mod
Sandy wrote: "I have reported the incorrect product information to Amazon but am uncertain if changing the page number on GR's prior to the Amazon correction being made is allowed/recommended."

No reason to wait. Edited to 312 based on user's book-in-hand.