NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Need Help? [Ask the Group] > What to do when your temporary pdf file is not more available?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 4 comments What now? I asked the book but didn't have time to read it.

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina Reid (chrikaru) | 6 comments I'm afraid that you usually cannot access the book after the archive date. In rare cases, you could contact the publisher and ask to have access again, but usually it's not possible.

message 3: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 4 comments So, I suppose I won't be able to review it. What do you do in this case, write only feedback to the publisher?

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina Reid (chrikaru) | 6 comments It happened to me when I first joined Netgalley too, as I clicked on loads of titles and didn't realise that the titles would be archived after a certain date. I just sent publisher feedback apologising. I think most publishers understand!

message 5: by dragon (new)

dragon (cuteboys) Leticia wrote: "So, I suppose I won't be able to review it. What do you do in this case, write only feedback to the publisher?"

What I do is wait til it's published, check it out from the library, and then submit the review. Don't know if this helps

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina Reid (chrikaru) | 6 comments That's a good point too. I often check out the book from the library, try to trade for a copy or buy it if it seems like one I would really like. That way I can still give feedback!

message 7: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 4 comments I think I won't manage to find the book in a German library. I would gladly buy the book, but right now I find it a bit overpriced, so I'll perhaps wait to see if the price gets lower.

message 8: by SundayAtDusk (new)

SundayAtDusk | 69 comments Personally, I would still send feedback to the publisher or author, stating what happened and that you are sorry it did. Then, if you seriously think you'll get a copy of the book in the future, state that you will come back to the feedback and add a review, as well as post that review wherever you usually post reviews. If you seriously think you will not be getting the book in the future, make no such promises, just apologize.