Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Exit West: Annotated first page

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6305 comments I loved this tiny bit of insight into the author's thinking. Note you must click on the highlighted words to see the annotation. I somehow didn't find that patently obvious.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/moh...

Warning: It made me want to reread the book. Something I really never do.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments How great! It has made me want to re-read it too.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 23, 2018 07:11AM) (new)

Thanks for posting this, Anita. I am assuming since it is just the first page, there aren't any spoilers?

I pre-ordered the PB version of Exit West and it wasn't released on the date originally listed. Hopefully soon. :-)

message 4: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments This is awesome. I could read the entire book with his annotated notes and be fascinated.

Interesting many of the annotated notes were alos things we had discussed on PBT! The lack of city name to reflect the readers experience and references, the cadence of the words, glad we picked up on what he was putting down!

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6305 comments Lisa A wrote: "Thanks for posting this, Anita. I am assuming since it is just the first page, there aren't any spoilers?

I pre-ordered the PB version of Exit West and it wasn't released on the date originally li..."

Definitely spoiler free in my opinion, Lisa!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Anita. :-)

message 7: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5523 comments Anita wrote: "I loved this tiny bit of insight into the author's thinking. Note you must click on the highlighted words to see the annotation. I somehow didn't find that patently obvious.

https://www.pbs.org/ne..."

Thank you, Anita. I loved this book from the first paragraph because the writing is beautiful and seems effortless, so I love to see the degree of thought that went into almost every word and sentence.

message 8: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1478 comments wow, me too!