How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

Gene Poschman
This topic is about Gene Poschman
General > Questions and Answers about AMS advertising

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gene (new)

Gene Poschman (geneposchman) | 9 comments I have been advertising on Amazon AMS for about a month. As I make progress I will supply what information I can glean. Also, I will ask questions. While I will provide what I am doing, don't assume I have the answer unless I give a qualified answer. for full disclosure, I have nothing to sell except books, and if your interested go to Amazon and search on Jonas Watcher.

I am currently running a sponsored product keyword campaign.

I have a $30 a day limit. Before you freak out, I have spent $60 for the month. and my royalties, not sales have been about $71. I am working on fine tuning my campaign to get a better ROI.

I have had about 245,000 impressions.

I have had 158 clicks, the average cost per click is $.40

The book being advertised sold 26 copies, but I also sold an additional 13 books plus my freebie was downloaded 70 times. For each advertised book, which is the second book in the series, there was a download of the first book. Likely related, Of the other 44 freebie downloads some could be related to someone getting the download before spending money on the second book. Supposition on my part. However, the campaign is paying for itself.

I need help with fine-tuning.

What are good ratios for Impression to click and click to sale?

What should be done with impressions and no clicks?

What is a ratio between the three when you say Adios to the keyword?

As I move forward I will share.

Gene Poschman

message 2: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes | 13 comments I can't answer your questions, as I'm running my own for the first time, too. But I look forward to learning from you as you learn, and from others who may have more experience in this. And I will certainly share any insights that I may get as I watch my own attempt over the coming weeks.

message 3: by Gene (new)

Gene Poschman (geneposchman) | 9 comments Hi Carmel, I hope we can get this topic going. I am also working categories and keywords. I may have a revelation, but I won't know until I test it.

message 4: by Melody (new)

Melody Bremen (melodyjbremen) I'm no expert, (I've been using AMS for around 5 months) but from what I've read, I think you want to have:
1 click for 1000 impressions.
Around 1 sale for every 7 clicks. (This really depends on your bid. You want the sale to pay back the money you spent on those clicks.)

message 5: by Dalma (new)

Dalma Szentpály (snowithish13) | 5 comments We are organizing a meetup in NYC about book promotion. So If you have a book in your mind, in your computer or already on the bookshelf, please join us to share all of our knowledge in marketing and help each other become more successful in the world of books. The event is free. You can register here: https://www.meetup.com/Strategies-in-...

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Franco-Cook (scribbler50) | 8 comments Dalma wrote: "We are organizing a meetup in NYC about book promotion. So If you have a book in your mind, in your computer or already on the bookshelf, please join us to share all of our knowledge in marketing a..."

For those of us who can't make it to NYC for this informative session, would you mind sharing what you learned from the meeting, here on GR? I'm a newbie author and can use all the help anyone is willing to give. I'm also willing to share all I know as well (which isn't much at the moment).

message 7: by Dalma (new)

Dalma Szentpály (snowithish13) | 5 comments Hey Andrea, sure:) I will try to gather as much information as I can.

message 8: by Dalma (new)

Dalma Szentpály (snowithish13) | 5 comments Andrea wrote: "Dalma wrote: "We are organizing a meetup in NYC about book promotion. So If you have a book in your mind, in your computer or already on the bookshelf, please join us to share all of our knowledge ..." You can find the slides to the MeetUp here: https://www.slideshare.net/KingaJente...