YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Adorkable
This topic is about Adorkable
GROUP BUDDY READ > Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman - GBR - Starting April 8th 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Mar 22, 2018 01:21PM) (new) - added it

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83364 comments Mod

Adorkable (ah-dor-kuh-bul): Descriptive term meaning to be equal parts dorky and adorable. For reference, see Sally Spitz.

Seventeen-year-old Sally Spitz is done with dating. Or at least, she's done with the horrible blind dates/hookups/sneak attacks her matchmaking bestie, Hooker, sets her up on. There's only so much one geek girl and Gryffindor supporter can take.

Her solution: she needs a fake boyfriend. And fast.

Enter Becks, soccer phenom, all-around-hottie, and Sally's best friend practically since birth. When Sally asks Becks to be her F.B.F. (fake boyfriend), Becks is only too happy to be used. He'd do anything for Sal--even if that means giving her PDA lessons in his bedroom, saying she's "more than pretty," and expertly kissing her at parties.

The problem: Sally's been in love with Becks all her life--and he's completely clueless.

This book features two best friends, one special edition Yoda snuggie, countless beneath-the-ear kisses and begs the question:

Who wants a real boyfriend when faking it is so much more fun?

Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman will be our 2nd GBR for April 2018.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

Sonya (lilmisstigger) | 13 comments I haven't read anything like this b4 but am look forward to read it. An its bonus because its free for me to read with kindle unlimited membership. I look forward to discuss it with u all

excited reader

María | 2107 comments I'm starting this today.
Pre Reading Answers:
Lately I'm choosing books by their title so I was wondering about this one because I love the word adorkable. Maybe more because English is not my language and I love this kind of word games....
I read books like this before where one of them is crazy about the other, but I don't remember any of those. I read a bunch of fakes boyfriends too.
This is the first time I read some of this author

María | 2107 comments Chapter 4 So far, it's good. (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments 78% Just when you think you have the story solved (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments I finished. I'm sorry!!! I had planned to post many updates but I got lost in the book and... bam... I get to the acknowledgement part.
(view spoiler)
I love when the story is not very original but worth it anyway, like this one!