Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Author name change

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 30 comments I'd like to get some help please - Strip Me Bare was published by Marisa Carmel in 2013, and was published again under her pen name M. Never in 2017. She would like Strip Me Bare and the follow up book Stripped from You removed from the Marisa Carmel profile and listed under M. Never. I have added her M. Never author profile to the above books, and then was going to combine them under M. Never's profile. Before doing that, I just wanted to see if this is the correct way to go about this. She would like the Marisa Carmel profile deleted eventually once her books are moved over. The Marisa Carmel books have been removed from Amazon.

Thanks in advance for the help!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Completely deleting a previous pen-name is contrary to Goodreads policy.

https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...
In some cases, a book may be originally published under a pen name, but then later reissued under the author's original name. When this happens, the author listed for any and all editions should be the author name the book was originally published under - so the reissued edition would need its primary author name changed to the originally published pen name, with the additional name added as secondary for all editions with it on the cover. Doing this will allow the various editions to be combined.

message 3: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 30 comments So I will just combine the versions that I added M. Never's profile on. Thank you for your response!