Advanced Copies for Review & Book Giveaways discussion

Advanced Copies for Review > Reviewers wanted for SMART BLONDES. Free PDF copies available.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry S. | 1 comments Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a few folks who are willing to review Smart Blondes, a work of women's fiction/contemporary romance with a decidedly Southern Flavor. I have PDF copies available. I am posting a short synopsis below. Please let me know if you are interested! Thanks.

Austin socialite Carrie Pryce has no clue her criminally charming husband is carrying on with another woman until she returns home unexpectedly, mistakes the sounds of passion for a home-invasion robbery and accidently shoots him in the backside. Stunned, Carrie drives all night to her quirky hometown and collapses in a near-catatonic state.

A crew of ladies spanning three generations realize it’s up to them to help Carrie get her life out of the ditch. Known as the “Presbyterian Mafia,” these are not sweet old gals. They have a book club that never reads, a garden club that doesn’t garden, and a bible study class that gossips about the Methodists. They’re known around town for antics including catfights, car chases and Voodoo rituals. The women enlist Carrie’s former childhood best friend Portia (now a lawyer) and her flamboyant cousin Eric (recently returned from New York) in their effort.

While dealing with the after-effects of her imprudent gunplay and managing a hair color disaster, Carrie meets Rhett Richards. He’s an attractive oil field worker who can make women think un-Christian thoughts by the mere act of wearing a pair of tight wranglers. Carrie soon learns that hometowns can be the perfect places to bury old scandals and create new ones.

message 2: by Medavis66 (new)

Medavis66 | 57 comments Sounds like this one has promise...I'll read and review it for you:

wheeldavelaine@gmail.com

Thanks!
:-) Elaine

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) | 6 comments i would like to read and review your book

thebettermrshertzog@gmail.com

message 4: by DawnMarie (new)

DawnMarie  Carpintero (babyssmile) | 5 comments Me too babyssmile@aol.com lol

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Hughes | 138 comments I'll be glad to help! mamad1188@gmail.com

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Woodruff | 3 comments I would love to review your book.
bonniewoodruff@me.com
Thanks.

message 7: by Medavis66 (new)

Medavis66 | 57 comments Completed and posted review here and at Amazon.

Cute read. Rather humorous at times. I found many of the characters relatable, but didn't really get into any of them too deeply. Carrie sees life as she knows it come to a sudden halt with the discovery of her husband's affair. Estranged childhood best friend, Portia, must help Carrie deal with the legalities to get what she deserves.

ARC provided in exchange for honest review.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Hughes | 138 comments Loved the story, couldn't wait to keep reading! Easy read. Very entertaining. Enough history given so that you can feel the connection between them. Portia and Carrie come full circle. It's a great read!

message 9: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kander Would be glad to read and review this for you: eeyoregirl2009@aol.com

message 10: by Sydney (new)

Sydney If you are still accepting reviewers I would love to be included. My email is sydneypeters@ymail.com

message 11: by Slytherin Rose (new)

Slytherin Rose (kschatterbox) | 9 comments I would love to read and review this!!
kschatterbox@cox.net