Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Adding a prequel book to a series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Mangum | 7 comments Rebels & Assassins

I need this to be added to my EMPIRE OF THE PEAKS series. Below is the link to the first book in the series, PEAK CROSSER. It takes place before that book, so it's like book 0. Thanks.

Peak Crosser

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 843 comments added - i made it .5, because the system didn't seem to like a 0 entry

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam Mangum | 7 comments Works great. Thanks!

message 4: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 22, 2018 08:08AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Dee wrote: "added - i made it .5, because the system didn't seem to like a 0 entry"

Adam wrote: "Rebels & Assassins

I need this to be added to my EMPIRE OF THE PEAKS series. Below is the link to the first book in the series, PEAK CROSSER. It takes place before that book, so it..."

Adam, is it a full length prequel, or short story/novella length? That will determine if it should receive a whole series number (0) or a half number. The ebook edition you've linked is also listed with a truncated ISBN13 in the ISBN10 field. Can you tell me what the full ISBN should be?

Dee, it is possible to add a series entry as 0, but only if it's a full length work.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42468 comments Mod
If the prequel is a novella or short, #0.5 is correct. Full-length prequels get #0.

Either way, they should be non-primary series elements.