YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Choice
This topic is about The Choice
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > The Choice by Nicholas Sparks --> Starting 23rd March

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 45795 comments Mod
#1 New York Times bestseller Nicholas Sparks turns his unrivaled talents to a new tale about love found and lost, and the choices we hope we'll never have to make.

Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life - boating, swimming , and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies -- he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, THE CHOICE ultimately confronts us with the most heartwrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?

message 2: by Shae (last edited Mar 26, 2018 05:21PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments The boat ride (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments The dinner (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments ending thoughts (view spoiler)

Shae wrote: "chapter 3 Kevin sounds like an arse! Not liking to talk about marriage, making Gabby move to be with him but not showing any commitment.

It was funny how Gabby goes over to yell at Travis about ..."

(view spoiler)

Shae wrote: "The boat ride I like how straight to the point Stephanie is about whether travis is gabby's type of guy. She doesn't hold back when talking to Gabby.

Yay! they kissed! so hopping Travis over Kevin."

(view spoiler)

Shae wrote: "The dinner I feel that if I hadn't seen the movie I would say that gabby and travis are really insta loving. But because I've seen it I expect whats going to happen and the movie felt like there w..."

(view spoiler)

Shae wrote: "ending thoughts [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments OMG!!!!! How did I miss this! I am so in here!

message 11: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 1- 3 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 4-11 (view spoiler)

I really love how she (view spoiler) I like that.

message 14: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Maddison wrote: "I really love how she [spoilers removed] I like that."
I think she is more trying to convince/remind herself then do right by him... Its like me saying I shouldn't eat ice cream then downing a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's...lol

Yeah I know but still xD she told him so it wasn't a secret

message 16: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Maddison wrote: "Yeah I know but still xD she told him so it wasn't a secret"

Very tru!!

message 17: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments chapter 12-17 (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

And the fact that (view spoiler)

message 20: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 18 -fin (view spoiler)

I'll read those spoilers when I get home in 8 hours xD not on my laptop anymore

message 22: by Rae (last edited Mar 27, 2018 04:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Maddison wrote: "And the fact that [spoilers removed]" Trust I know the feeling, but I live in NYC and EVERYONE (mostly) is an asshole driver i feel. (view spoiler)

ignore this my notifications not working

it's terrifying and I hate it. he scared me so much once I started crying. he slowed down after that thank God but I was so angry

Finished. Review: Pleased this one was a quick audio, because I didn't enjoy it much. The whole story just annoyed me. According to my buddy, the movie portrayed the feelings better, but for me I found the whole entire thing rushed. (view spoiler) No. And then (view spoiler) It just annoyed me, and the l word after 2 days isn't right. Bleh.