Inspiring Book Club discussion

Favourite book of all time?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason Wicky (last edited Mar 16, 2021 07:35PM) (new)

Jason Wicky Ong (jasonong) | 4 comments What's your favourite book(s) of all time?

what's yours?

message 2: by Alice (new)

Alice “The man who risked it all” by French author Laurent Gounelle :) this novel has awaken my interest in neuroscience and I could not put it down until finished. He also wrote another book called “The man who wanted to be happy” that was very similar, but I liked the other better.

message 3: by Ganesh (new)

Ganesh singaraj | 11 comments Think and grow rich is my choice

message 4: by HOPE (new)

HOPE Home tO PurposE (hometopurpose) | 1 comments The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite inspirational books of all time. We will journey far and wide to discover what has always been right under our nose and within our grasp all the while.

message 5: by Jason Wicky (new)

Jason Wicky Ong (jasonong) | 4 comments Haha is that what The Alchemist is about?

I read it but never quite understood the meaning or the rationale of the book.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Townsend-Lyon (authorcatherine-townsend_lyon) | 2 comments Ganesh wrote: "Think and grow rich is my choice"

I just finished by a real living Master of our time ... "Find the Seeker! The Pathless Path to Fulfillment and Happiness By Zen Master Genro Xuan Lou, Laoshi, and his pupil, Zen teacher Clifford Stevens.
It's My Choice!

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark Hebwood (mark_hebwood) | 2 comments Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann. I think this is amongst the finest writings I have seen. Of course this has nothing to do with self-improvement... but the question was "favourite book" so there it is... :-)

message 8: by Bilal (new)

Bilal Taibzada | 1 comments 1984 by George Orwell

message 9: by Nihar (new)

Nihar Suthar (niharsuthar) | 3 comments HOPE wrote: "The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite inspirational books of all time. We will journey far and wide to discover what has always been right under our nose and within our grasp all the ..."

Agreed! My favorite book is also The Alchemist. I loved how fun but inspirational it was to read.

message 10: by Steven (new)

Steven Walle (stevenwalle) Wicky wrote: "What's your favourite book(s) of all time?

mine is the subtle art of not giving a f. what's yours?"

Mine is The Invisible man, and The Holy Bible

message 11: by Andrzej (new)

Andrzej Jęziorski | 2 comments
|BOOK @CRACKS .EVERY -TOPIC OF IMPORTANCE TO YOU /#

free @Dl/
.package: http://serwer1868081.home.pl/@THE.LUC...
.#THE.MOST.IMPORTANT.KNOWLEDGE-package: http://serwer1868081.home.pl/%23THE.M...
.Audiobook: http://bit.ly/tld-mp3
/
.{Up-to-Date .links: http://andyps.cba.pl/@THE-LUCIFERIAN-...
\ & FB Official: @The.Luciferian.Doctrine

message 12: by Lucas (new)

Lucas Gabriel | 1 comments My favorite book is probably The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Rereading "Chapter 2 Consciousness: The Way Out of Pain" as needed has been one of the strongest antidotes to my negative moods. A New Earth was also extremely good. Perhaps another good thread would be "who is your favorite teacher"? Because for me, while this is my favorite book, I wouldn't consider Eckhart my favorite teacher.

message 13: by Spencer (new)

Spencer Rich | 1 comments Non-fiction: The Ancient Wisdom by Annie Besant
Fiction: The Story of the Stone (aka Dream of the Red Chamber and several other alternate titles) by Cao Xueqin

message 14: by Kanike (new)

sharan Kanike | 1 comments "Autobiography of an Yogi" by Paramahamsa Yogananda" my all time favourite. Before reading this book, i was an alcoholic and non-vegetarian. After reading this spiritual master piece, I quit all my bad habits. from page one author is humble and authenticative.. wherever author goes, we travel along with him. The ways he explain are utterly out of the box. this book is an real introduction sacred India. A must read for those who are seeking for peace and spirituality.

if you read the book, seriously and with open heart, you will get a dream of, as you are "flying".

message 15: by Laljee (new)

Laljee Verma (goodreadscomlaljee_verma) | 3 comments Undoubtedly 'Autobiography of a Yogi' is an inspirational book. I have read it. Those interested in philosophical book may like to read my book on Karma. Those who read it may kindly post comment/criticism/their own view on karma.

message 16: by Ivan (new)

Ivan Kehelly | 4 comments Jerusalem by Alan Moore. It is still working It as way through my neural connections

message 17: by Dorian (new)

Dorian Spangler Ayako by Osamu Tezuka. Crisp art and beautiful neo-noir story. Inspired me as a PERSON, not a GOD.

message 18: by Christopher (last edited Jul 15, 2020 07:57AM) (new)

message 19: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnamarie06) | 1 comments Tuesdays With Morrie

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite book is Food For The Heart by Ajahn Chah