UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I had a look at the Easter chocolate available at Tesco.

It all seemed rather ordinary.

What your favourite?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments Chocolate? See how quickly I can post when chocolate is mentioned. Favourites? Plural, please note. I'll go away and think and dream.

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Not fussed about Easter eggs. Now crisps...

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2998 comments I did a Google search for "deluxe Canadian Easter Eggs" and this is all I found.

Why you dissing our culture?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments We don't do eggs, darling. We do Easter bunnies.

Try googling that instead.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Kath wrote: "Not fussed about Easter eggs. Now crisps..."

I've been craving salt n vinegar crisps. Except they'll hurt my lips n tongue.

Not sure if I'm willing to experience the pain to sate my craving.

message 7: by David (new)

David Edwards | 445 comments I have already eaten 4 Cadbury's Creme Eggs this season. At the other extreme, my wife has a Lindt Dark Chocolate Egg from last year still sitting on one of the book cases next to a hard copy of Smollett's translation of Voltaire's Candide. No prizes for guessing who would win a sleekness contest ...

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments I'm about to sign the FOE petition for no plastic in Easter Egg packaging.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I don't care for creme eggs. To me, they taste of perfume.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11102 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'm about to sign the FOE petition for no plastic in Easter Egg packaging."

Please share, I'd sign that.

I hate creme eggs. My favourite would be white chocolate but I'm still eating Christmas chocolate!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'm about to sign the FOE petition for no plastic in Easter Egg packaging."

I'd like a link to that, please.

I was disgusted to see there's been no change in the plastic packaging of veg since I was here last.

I'll have to go the greengrocers to get some broccoli today. I'm hoping it won't be shrink wrapped there.

message 12: by David (new)

David Edwards | 445 comments Patti (baconater) wrote:

... creme eggs ... taste of perfume.

Not being in the habit of drinking perfume, I couldn't possibly comment.

message 13: by Elizabeth (last edited Mar 22, 2018 07:36AM) (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments https://friendsoftheearth.uk/plastics...

Yer tiz.

I couldn't link to the petition form but just scroll down and you should get there.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Cheers!

message 15: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments I think I'm going to invent Easter Crisps. They're just like ordinary crisps, only Easterier.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I just bit my lip trying to say Easterier out loud.

message 17: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Someone needs to make an Easteriser app that just makes things Easterier . . .

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21876 comments I'm afraid that in our family we just give chocolate bars and let people buy their own cardboard and plastic :-)

message 19: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Tim wrote: "Someone needs to make an Easteriser app that just makes things Easterier . . ."

I think you've just volunteered!

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'm about to sign the FOE petition for no plastic in Easter Egg packaging."

I'd like a link to that, please.

I was disgusted to see there's been no change in the plastic packagi..."

Have you noticed how organic broccoli is shrink wrapped but not all the ecologically unsound isn't....?

Praline filled mini-eggs for me!

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments Oh this is awful. Every morning I see comments about chocolate and I have, as a matter of choice, not got any in the house. Last night I had to resort to drinking chocolate and that is nowhere near as satisfying. I've not given it up for Lent or anything saintly like that, so I'm in the clear conscience wise, so I may have to resort to buying a box of Lindt choccies when I next go shopping - today!

Or can I make it to Easter?

message 22: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) | 4206 comments For free conscience: add a spoonful of Ghirardelli cocoa to your 'chocolate' protein shake. Is that what you meant by 'drinking chocolate'?

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments Ah... my daughter bought me some cocoa for Mothering Sunday. I never thought to add to the other stuff. Thank you, Alicia, a true friend :)

message 24: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1 comments Elizabeth wrote: "https://friendsoftheearth.uk/plastics...

Yer tiz.

I couldn't link to the petition form but just scroll down and you should get there."

Thanks for sharing the link! Just signed.

My favourite chocolate is always Galaxy but I could eat all types of Celebrations and I'm a fan of the Lindt chocolate bunny. Although I'm actually more of a savoury snacks fan - veg and houmous etc...!

message 25: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "Ah... my daughter bought me some cocoa for Mothering Sunday. I never thought to add to the other stuff. Thank you, Alicia, a true friend :)"

Add it to your usual sponge cake. Chocolate cake!

message 26: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) | 4206 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "Ah... my daughter bought me some cocoa for Mothering Sunday. I never thought to add to the other stuff. Thank you, Alicia, a true friend :)"

We writers have to keep each other working. You're welcome.

message 27: by Anna (last edited Mar 23, 2018 12:23PM) (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments Just been shopping and bought hubby and me a chocolate egg to share. I usually manage to resist. Sigh. Patti! You started me on this slippery road.

Sponge cake and chocolate? A Siren call if ever I heard one. :)

Keep working - ah it's all this sitting and tapping that is piling on the pounds. Make sure you have some treats too Alicia and keep on working.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Sorry Anna. :)

message 29: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments It happens every year. Christmas I put on 5 lbs, and it takes me until July to lose it. That Easter egg isn't going to help.

But, Patti, you have started a brilliant discussion on packaging. Well done!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Naw, t'was Elizabeth this time.

It's is shocking how much more rubbish we produce in this country, compared to Baku.

And calling it 'recycling' doesn't make it any better. It's still rubbish clogging up the planet.

Manufacturers really need to get on board with the concept that many of us would switch to a brand of item if it came in properly biodegradable packing, if packaging is truly necessary.

One of my kids last term got all excited about 'biodegradable' plastic bags. I sent her off to do more research.

She came back to me completely aghast.

message 31: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments I sometimes get the chance to use an old fashioned greengrocer. What a shop! Such excellent displays. And no packaging at all. I try to go there as often as possible to ensure he makes a profit - he's up against two mini supermarkets just yards away.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9082 comments I shop in our High Street where most of the traders are on-board with the town's attempts to go plastic free. Even the butcher uses waxed paper and cardboard wrappings now. Only the chippie is resisting efforts to move away from his polystyrene trays.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments In Baku, I can buy laundry powder in a cardboard box. I've never found it here.

Bread comes in a paper bag. Not a paper bag with a plastic window. Why have a plastic window, fergawdsake?

I'm looking at you, Lidl.

Clothes. Why the plastic ties to attach the tags? Not like there's not plenty of thread for that.
And why the hell attach extra plastic buttons? Does anyone actually use the things?

I may need some chocolate...

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "In Baku, I can buy laundry powder in a cardboard box. I've never found it here.

Bread comes in a paper bag. Not a paper bag with a plastic window. Why have a plastic window, fergawdsake?

I'm look..."

The washing powder that mum uses is in a cardboard box

message 35: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21876 comments Yes ours is as well

message 36: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Here, bread comes in a tin out of the oven. It's just done so. And the flour comes in a paper bag.

message 37: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 2908 comments Elizabeth wrote: "https://friendsoftheearth.uk/plastics...

Yer tiz.

I couldn't link to the petition form but just scroll down and you should get there."

Thanks for the link Elizabeth, have signed.

message 38: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 2908 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "In Baku, I can buy laundry powder in a cardboard box. I've never found it here.

I'm look..."

Puzzled about the laundry powder - been buying it for years in cardboard boxes, never buy it in anything else.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I need to look harder, obviously.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Kath wrote: "Here, bread comes in a tin out of the oven. It's just done so. And the flour comes in a paper bag."

If I lived here, I'd make all of our bread.

message 41: by Petra (new)

Petra Jacob | 20 comments Elizabeth wrote: "https://friendsoftheearth.uk/plastics...

Yer tiz.

Signed and shared on Facebook. Thanks for posting about it, it's terrible we still use so much plastic.

message 42: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I had a mocha in the service station on the M4 tonight - nearest I've got to chocolate for a while!

message 43: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 389 comments Make mine Lindt please! I learned this week that Easter Eggs in France are not brought by the Easter bunny but by the Church Bells. They fly to Rome a couple of days before Easter Sunday (so no bells on those days) then fly back and drop the eggs in the gardens.

message 44: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1703 comments You mean I don't have to buy them?!