The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

General Chat > What sites do you use to find ebooks to read?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jbclemmens) | 5 comments There are so many sites that promote books. Which ones do you use to find mysteries and thrillers to read?
Bookgoodies? Bookbub? Sweet Mystery books?

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1463 comments I use Bookbub, Ereader and NetGalley for ARCs

message 3: by Chelsie (new)

Chelsie (chelzlou) | 68 comments I use the Overdrive App. It links to your library and there are tons of free ebooks on it. You have to have a library card, that's what you use to log in. Very convenient and if you have multiple libraries and library cards you can use them and are not restricted to just one!

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammy60) | 12 comments I use eBookDaily, BookBub & ohfb .com (One Hundred Free Books)

I also have the Overdrive app for library books.

message 5: by Miss M (last edited Jul 24, 2014 04:03PM) (new)

Miss M | 560 comments I like stopyourekillingme.com's twice monthly email updates on new releases.

message 6: by Miss M (last edited Jul 24, 2014 04:12PM) (new)

Miss M | 560 comments Marwa wrote: "I use onread.com. All free and downloadable ebooks."

I can't tell whether that's a phishing site (for safety reasons I'll only click so far), or a torrent site.

Either way, that site's apparent offerings of free copyrighted books are NOT LEGAL!!

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex Garneau Libraries around my area have been slow to hop on the eBook train so the selection is fairly limited. If I'm lucky and I find the one I want I'll use OverDrive.

If not then I buy the books from either the Amazon or Kobo stores where they seem to have every single book I can think of...

Definitely open to other suggestions and options, will read again :)

message 8: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Miss M wrote: "Either way, that site's apparent offerings of free copyrighted books are NOT LEGAL!! "

Thank you Miss M for pointing that out.

I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that this group (and Goodreads in general) does not condone the illegal downloading of copyright material.