Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Was Mockingjay Your Favorite Book in series, second Favorite, or Least Favorite?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cecilia (last edited Jul 25, 2014 08:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cecilia Chione This is easily my Favorite book of all time besides The Return of the King. The book is so involved It is addicting. First, it is not boring. Second, it does not drag on. Third, Explanation is really important in a story. Fourth, Katniss' thoughts are very interesting. Fifth, This book teaches you to fight for Freedom, Rights,etc. Sixth, You learn what war does to you witch mostly resultes in PTSD. Seventh, You learn what Love Really means (Okay in True Love you can not survive without the one you love or it is not True love so Katniss Really loves Peeta). And so on...

Julian Gonzalez Mockingjay was my least favorite book in the Hunger Games Trilogy, but I still enjoyed it. It was just not as action-packed as the first two and didn't blow me away.

Uday Kanth Cecilia, I do agree with all your points but this book just did not 'involve' me as much as the other two. District 13 was interesting only for a while and I still don't buy the fact that Katniss could fall in love with Peeta.

Marisa Ferreira It was my least favorite book in the trilogy, but it was still pretty good. I think I was just expecting a little bit more. But, I still really liked it.

Uday Kanth At least we get stellar movies out of these books unlike the others! I wonder if they're gonna just stick to the books or spice things up a little :)

message 6: by Dan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dan Lutz This book was complete crap compared to the first two. The whole concept that the richest people on the planet live in a city that just happens to be a giant arena is complete b.s. I can understand the legitimacy of returning to the arena in book 2 but the attempt to create another arena like atmosphere in book 3 completely lost me. Amazing book 1 and 2 with a horrible, horrible plot to #3.

message 7: by mandinmandin (last edited Jul 25, 2014 07:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

mandinmandin Mockingjay was my favorite book in the series :)

And I can't understand this 'team' thing. For me the book wasn't really about who was Katniss going to end with.

Elizabeth I really just didn't care for it, maybe thats because I am a team gale or just because I thin that as she went on, the books got worse.

Julia It's my favorite! It seems to be an unpopular opinion! Haha

message 10: by izzi (new) - rated it 3 stars

izzi Least Favorite. But I can't decide between Hunger Games and Catching Fire.

message 11: by Kelly Brigid ♡ (last edited Sep 24, 2014 03:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly Brigid ♡ Definitely my least favorite. The book didn't even get interesting until 150 pages in. It was really boring in the beginning, nothing compared to The Hunger Games or Catching Fire.

And The Hunger Games trilogy, much less Mockingjay, isn't even in the same league as Return of the King!

Kayla Zampino Least favorite. Catching Fire was the best I think

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

It was my least favorite

I think my favorite was The Hunger Games and then Catching Fire

Gervan Mockingjay was my least favorite of the three. It just felt not a part of the series being that both Hunger Games and Catching Fire were about the games.

Catching Fire was my favorite of the three.

SarahO It was my least favorite until I reread it. Now it's probably my second favorite because Catching Fire is still incredibly awesome but saying 1st, 2nd, 3rd favorite doesn't mean that much because they are all so amazing!

Blackbutterfly Mockingjay is my second favorite or maybe.. it ties with Catching Fire as my favorite. For me this is the type of book that you need to reread in order to appreciate. If I had not given it a second chance it would probably be my least favorite. But really love all three books. Can they all be my favorites?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

This is my favorite because so much happened in this book and I felt so many emotions at once it was perfect.

Nuran This is one of the few series where I think each book is as strong as each other. Mockingjay was a tear-jerker, Hunger games was an addictive plot and catching fire progressed the story nicely.

All great.

Mayna I would say the hunger games mockingjay is my favourite book out of all of them because there's loads of new characters!! Also it's different from all the others.

message 20: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Least favourite since it seemed Collins was just rushing it (am i alone in that belief?!) And she killed off great characters which seemed unnecessary and far too painful.