The Man Booker 2014 Readalong discussion

To Rise Again at a Decent Hour
This topic is about To Rise Again at a Decent Hour
The Books > To Rise Again At A Decent Hour- Joshua Ferris

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esther (new)

Esther  (estame) | 37 comments Mod
Maybe you'll be reading this one? Let us know what you think.

Diana | 1 comments Just started to listen to the audiobook, narrated by Campbell Scott.

message 3: by Esther (new)

Esther  (estame) | 37 comments Mod
I just listened to an excerpt, how are you getting on with it? The first five minutes were quite heavy!

Anna Safar | 3 comments I just finished this one and loved it. I was at times reminded of The Finkler Question, but it's really funny and poignant.

Neil I am about half way through this and not over-impressed at the moment. Do the one-sided conversations continue in the second half as I am finding them very annoying? Some bits are pretty funny, it's true, but overall I am not that excited. It has the misfortune to be the book after Ali Smith, so it was always going to have a battle on its hands as I enjoyed that one about 100 times more than I expected to!

Neil Finished now. My least favourite of the 11 longlisted books I have read. Bits were funny, but mostly it was not an exciting read for me.

w tony | 5 comments Can we comment in here what we think of this book? I mean, considering spoilers and all of that. Sorry for the question.

Neil I think the done thing is to avoid spoilers but, if you need them for what you want to say, make sure you warn people they are coming so that they can avoid reading them if they want to.