What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Excession (Culture, #5)
This topic is about Excession
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. SciFi Book Where Epilogue is All Lowercase & No Punctuation [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new) - added it

Nick Perez | 2 comments In Jr High (98-99) I came across this book in the public library in the Science Fiction section. I remember very little of the book itself, but I do remember the epilogue (though it may have been called something else, it was where the epilogue goes) was written in all lowercase with no punctuation. It may have been in the style of some alien or self-aware sentient being?
I wanna say it was a newer book with some wrap around artwork on the cover of a space ship hovering over some menacing terrain. Publication date could have been in the 90s, but I don't know. I say this because artwork was not in the classic "sci-fi" format, but looked more contemporary for the mid-late 90s. Thanks

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments Feersum Engine (by Iain Banks) was noted for having sections in unusual typography Feersum Endjinn

message 3: by Nick (new) - added it

Nick Perez | 2 comments Oh Man! Iain M. Banks's book Excession. Dude, Andy...you nailed it with the author!! Thank you!

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments Great! Glad to help (even if I was off on the actual book).

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Excession for the link

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments P.S. You can drop this into the "SOLVED" folder using the edit button by the thread title.