Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

HELP! > Winning with Amazon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally Forest I've been trying out Amazon Marketing Services to promote my novel: "Choose: Snakes or Ladders" Choose Snakes or Ladders by Sally Forest
I've placed ads for several days here and there and the results are disappointing. For a few thousand 'impressions' (when they put the ad on a list or recommendations), I've receive less than 100 'clicks' (when a reader looks at the ad). I'm wondering if the cover or blurb is the problem.
I'd love some comments.
Thank you.

message 2: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4600 comments Mod
I have a preference for short blurbs. I usually never read anything more than a paragraph or two.

Some say the Amazon click thing works- I've never had much luck with it.

message 3: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Jackson (authorrljackson) | 856 comments Mod
You should expect 1 click for every 1000 impressions. From first glance your cover doesn’t say psychological to me so that may be a reason. Remember the first 3 lines of your blurb are what people see on Amazon. If you don’t grab them with those first three lines they won’t read, but if your cover throws them for a loop, they won’t get that far enough to read the blurb.

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 861 comments I think the cover is great; it fits with other coming of age novels that I've read. I think your blurb needs work. It's too long and doesn't really flow. I think that it might be more successful if you shorten it and clean up the sentences a bit.

message 5: by Sally (new)

Sally Forest Thank you. Wonderful clear, reasoned answers. Kim on to it this afternoon!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1127 comments The column which will tell you if you are achieving any benefit is the ACOS column - Advertising Cost of Sales. If your percentage is under 100%, you are doing well. If it is a little above, then that's costing you a little but it might be worth it. If it is, say, 300%+ then the ads are costing you a fair bit for insufficient return.

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally Forest That is useful. At least I’d have it clear that I’m losing financially.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Choose: Snakes or Ladders (other topics)