Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading March 19?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2123 comments Mod
Starting this week with Fake Out by Eden Finley, Spring Break by Elle Keaton, and Here Without You by JJ Harper.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I've got a head cold and so I've been doing a bit of reading in between blowing my nose. I hate colds when it's hot.

Anyways...I read an ARC of Until Avery by Brynne Asher which I really enjoyed.

I also read Grumpy Fake Boyfriend by an author who writes Diverse Romantic Comedy, Jessica Lau. A lot of chatter happened last week because of diverse reads and not getting the opportunity to publish or read books with diverse characters. Honestly, I wasn't even sure what diverse characters were. When this book caught my eye because diverse was mentioned, I decided to give it a whirl.

After that long rambling, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed it and to be honest, it wasn't that different from any other contemporary romance book I've read.

message 3: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments I started The Wicked Wyckerly this morning. Just got through the first chapter before RL intruded but I'm hooked.

I've never heard of Diverse Romantic Comedy, Stacey. I'll have to go look that up. Every time I think I've got all these genres and sub genres straight they through another one out there! LOL

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Irisheyes wrote: "I started The Wicked Wyckerly this morning. Just got through the first chapter before RL intruded but I'm hooked.

I've never heard of Diverse Romantic Comedy, Stacey. I'll have to g..."

Tell me about it. I made up my own today (blame it on the head cold). Switcheroo genre - for twin switch stories.

Diverse characters seem to be characters from different cultures/nationalities, different beliefs, characters with disabilities or characters with a different sexual orientation (excuse me if I got the terms wrong). Basically, different from white, able-bodied heterosexuals.

message 5: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I finished RaeAnne Thayne's The Cottages on Silver Beach this weekend. It's a Haven Point book, but it has a suspense thread that carries over to the next book that makes it different from the usual Thayne. I started Theresa Romain's Lady Rogue. I will be in research mode for the next few weeks as I work on a new freelance assignment, so I'm having to read the Romain book a few chapters at a time. I hate leaving it, but duty calls.